Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interaction with Supreme Suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Interaction with Supreme Suspension.

I have been having back and forth emails with Supreme Suspension concerning the lift kit I purchased from them.
I purchased
Amazon.com: Supreme Suspensions - F150 Lift Kit 2.5" Front Suspension Lift CNC Machined T6 Aircraft Billet (Black) Easy Install Ford F150 Leveling Kit PRO: Automotive Amazon.com: Supreme Suspensions - F150 Lift Kit 2.5" Front Suspension Lift CNC Machined T6 Aircraft Billet (Black) Easy Install Ford F150 Leveling Kit PRO: Automotive

I measured the spacer at 1.5" ...

Email from me to Supreme Suspension
Opened package today. You sent me 1.5" vs 2.5" requested. I would take the 2.5" if avaiable. If not available I request a refund.

Supreme Suspension
Hi, and thanks for your purchase. let me explain a little how these spacers interact with your suspension. Your struts operate on a motion ratio, so when a smaller spacer is installed, it will change the geometry of the lower control arm, steepening the angle of it, and that will account for the additional lift. So with a smaller spacer, you will get the lift as advertised. I really appreciate your time, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

My question to those in the know ... Is this correct?
Will a 1.5" spacer give me the requested 2.5" lift?

I don't want to install these and then be told no return since they were installed.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Patrick
Old 09-13-2015, 09:45 PM

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Socal147
I have been having back and forth emails with Supreme Suspension concerning the lift kit I purchased from them.
I purchased
Amazon.com: Supreme Suspensions - F150 Lift Kit 2.5" Front Suspension Lift CNC Machined T6 Aircraft Billet (Black) Easy Install Ford F150 Leveling Kit PRO: Automotive

I measured the spacer at 1.5" ...

Email from me to Supreme Suspension
Opened package today. You sent me 1.5" vs 2.5" requested. I would take the 2.5" if avaiable. If not available I request a refund.

Supreme Suspension
Hi, and thanks for your purchase. let me explain a little how these spacers interact with your suspension. Your struts operate on a motion ratio, so when a smaller spacer is installed, it will change the geometry of the lower control arm, steepening the angle of it, and that will account for the additional lift. So with a smaller spacer, you will get the lift as advertised. I really appreciate your time, and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

My question to those in the know ... Is this correct?
Will a 1.5" spacer give me the requested 2.5" lift?

I don't want to install these and then be told no return since they were installed.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Patrick

It is not a 1:1 ratio. I can measure some other 2.5" tomorrow and see what they measure, but 1.5" seems right for 2.5" of lift.

My experience with Supreme suspension is that they give larger than advertised, which isn't always good.
The following users liked this post:
Socal147 (09-13-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 10:05 PM

Thanks Dude
I just read another members post of the same type of question. Looks like I got what i wanted. I even have a machinist friend that could tweek the spacer if i decided it was too much. I want level ...
Old 09-14-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dont do it , installing there spacer will cause upper a arm to hit coil springs . trust me i installed theres and it did , taking mines off and installing auto spring 2.5" theres are offset
Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 AM

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by str808F150
dont do it , installing there spacer will cause upper a arm to hit coil springs . trust me i installed theres and it did , taking mines off and installing auto spring 2.5" theres are offset
I probably should have mentioned that. Above 2", I strongly recommend spending the extra $25+ on the Rough Country, AutoSpring, ReadyLift for inboard offsetting the strut to limit coil contact with the UCA.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:49 AM

Thanks Str808 and Dude. I think i am stuck with these but i can swing another better set. Thanks fr the info ...

Quick Reply: Interaction with Supreme Suspension.