Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information on security keypad INSIDE of Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Information on security keypad INSIDE of Truck

Hey everyone,

My 2017 F150 4x4 came with an INSIDE Security Keypad. It’s to the left and below the Steering Wheel. I can’t find any info on this, only the Outside Door Keypad. It requires me to type in 1234# before the Truck will Turn Over and Start.I want to disable this thing. It’s got tiny buttons and is just a PIA!

I’m not sure if this was a specific Dealer installed item or oem from Ford. I can’t find anything using the search feature here or on google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a Pic:

Old 10-17-2022, 03:31 PM
has left the building

Received 3,383 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Looks like aftermarket alarm.
Remove the device and look for a product name or serial number -search the internet for it.

If your truck was traded in locally, see if any local stereo/alarm installation shops have any clue.

The way it is written, it sounds like you purchaed it now.
However I don't believe it has taken you 6 years to decide to get rid of it.
If it was the former, you'll have to ask Ford who does the installation work for the security feature you probably paid about $2000 for.

If the latter, and you didn't pay $2000 for security, it will be the previous owner and a bunch of guesses.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 16IngotFX4
Looks like aftermarket alarm.
Remove the device and look for a product name or serial number -search the internet for it.

If your truck was traded in locally, see if any local stereo/alarm installation shops have any clue.

The way it is written, it sounds like you purchaed it now.
However I don't believe it has taken you 6 years to decide to get rid of it.
If it was the former, you'll have to ask Ford who does the installation work for the security feature you probably paid about $2000 for.

If the latter, and you didn't pay $2000 for security, it will be the previous owner and a bunch of guesses.
Haa Haa!

Actually it’s my Wife’s Truck and Yes, She bought it New in 2017. She’s been complaining for Years about Me disabling it and I just never thought it was a big deal. Well, I guess She’s finally had enough of it. She also thinks it’s causing the Truck not to even turn over when the temperature where we live in the Mountains here gets to freezing and the Truck is covered with snow overnight. WINTER IS COMING! It will eventually start after trying the code for ten or fifteen minutes She says. It’s happened to Me a couple times so I know She’s not Crazy. Also, it has Never Happened unless it’s Winter and below freezing. It’s not battery related as it won’t even crank and there’s no clicking from the starter and it eventually will turn over as normal. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sounds Crazy, I know which is why I thought if I could just disable it, She will get off my back about it and there’s a 50/50 chance that will resolve the no crank issue.
The following users liked this post:
mrmichael (10-18-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 04:01 PM

Received 212 Likes on 117 Posts

I’d be looking for someone to remove it or DIY.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:42 PM

Received 315 Likes on 136 Posts

Looks like it's called VTP Vehicle Theft Protection but I can't seem to find any info on removing the system. Here is a link showing how to change the code. http://www.foryournewcar.com/security/vtp.pdf
Old 10-17-2022, 05:52 PM

Received 315 Likes on 136 Posts

This guy had one on his 2012 F250 and sounds like it was pretty easy to unhook. https://www.powerstroke.org/threads/...eries.1045913/
Old 04-30-2024, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socalfun64
Hey everyone,

My 2017 F150 4x4 came with an INSIDE Security Keypad. It’s to the left and below the Steering Wheel. I can’t find any info on this, only the Outside Door Keypad. It requires me to type in 1234# before the Truck will Turn Over and Start.I want to disable this thing. It’s got tiny buttons and is just a PIA!

I’m not sure if this was a specific Dealer installed item or oem from Ford. I can’t find anything using the search feature here or on google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a Pic:

I have same thing & same problem in my truck!
Old 04-30-2024, 02:27 PM

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

Try this link. I found it in some other thread while perusing curiously for info about it. It at least gives you a wiring diagram to undo whatever its connected to.
https://www.directeddealers.com/manu...safe/n103t.pdf

Quick Reply: Information on security keypad INSIDE of Truck