Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If the next F150 had a full slide down rear window...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default If the next F150 had a full slide down rear window...

Would truck folks complain about it more than the small sliding power window?

Would they complain that, along with the pano roof, your faux truck is just mid life crisis ego compensating vehicle that will also drain your wallet dry?

Would the only "real truck" left be a XL trim regular cab or 301 XLT?

Will a large segment of truck people always complain and moan about progress until the end of time?

Or would this be absolutely badass, especially with a pano roof, and you would absolutely spec this option for your next transformer-esque convertible-like truck?

I was on vacation in Greece, walking in the woods, saw a curious looking rock, lifted it up, and found what I believe to be a lost manuscript of Aristotle in which he contemplates & philosophizes on these very profound questions. I am willing to share what the old wise one concluded. But only after you weigh in on some of these most important questions of our time.
The following users liked this post:
rmc63 (05-07-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Hold my beer

Received 435 Likes on 282 Posts

Idk about the Aristotle mumble-jumble... but about the window, ask the Tundra folks if they like it. If it worked well, was durable, and didn't leak, I'd be fine with it.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 AM

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts

Its is one of the only great things left to add. I thought I wanted the smaller sliding til I got one and its useless.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:29 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Had an older Titan with the slide down rear window - loved it...
Old 05-07-2019, 03:30 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Well, that all depends. Can they make one that doesn't stick, break, leak water, consume quite a bit of payload, and make noise like the pano roof does?
Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 705 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by tvsjr
Well, that all depends. Can they make one that doesn't stick, break, leak water, consume quite a bit of payload, and make noise like the pano roof does?
Yes built by Toyota in a Ford
Old 05-07-2019, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OopsUpsideYerHead
Would truck folks complain about it more than the small sliding power window?

Would they complain that, along with the pano roof, your faux truck is just mid life crisis ego compensating vehicle that will also drain your wallet dry?

Would the only "real truck" left be a XL trim regular cab or 301 XLT?

Will a large segment of truck people always complain and moan about progress until the end of time?

Or would this be absolutely badass, especially with a pano roof, and you would absolutely spec this option for your next transformer-esque convertible-like truck?

I was on vacation in Greece, walking in the woods, saw a curious looking rock, lifted it up, and found what I believe to be a lost manuscript of Aristotle in which he contemplates & philosophizes on these very profound questions. I am willing to share what the old wise one concluded. But only after you weigh in on some of these most important questions of our time.
Won't speak for anyone else, but I'd like to have one. Put something akin to the 'vent visors' like on the doors over it and then you can leave it open a small bit in the summer to let the truck get some more air without getting rain in it. And the interior won't be a furnace either.

I hate this vertical slit that opens when I slide my rear window in my 2012. I've got a commercial shell on and there is almost no way to cover it now.

Also agree with tvsjr, has to be high quality or don't want it at all.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Large Member

Received 709 Likes on 458 Posts

People are going to complain no matter what. "You can't please everybody all of the time, you can only hope to please some people some of the time."
Old 05-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

This is why these things should be options. And surely a full automatic rear window WOULD be an option.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

more **** to break... no thanks

Quick Reply: If the next F150 had a full slide down rear window...