Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyperflashing after using Forscan

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyperflashing after using Forscan

Hello all I'm having a bit of an issue after playing with Forscan on my 2018 F150, if this is in the wrong spot, my apologies, let me know and I'll move it.

In the program. I changed the quick lane change flashes from the standard three blinks to five. It worked, except the flasher on the cluster now hyper flashes yet the actual signal outside lamps flash at the normal frequency. In order to try to fix this, I went back and changed the specific digit back to stock form, and the flashes are back to three, but the hyperflashing remains.
Is there any idea what might be the culprit or how I can eliminate the hyper flash? Also I do not believe the lights have been changed to LEDs, unless they come stock on a 2018 F150.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:22 AM

Received 941 Likes on 744 Posts

This is the correct location.

Did you download and save the as-built data from the BCM before making any changes? If so, load it back to the BCM.

Old 07-07-2022, 08:22 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiny9755
Hello all I'm having a bit of an issue after playing with Forscan on my 2018 F150, if this is in the wrong spot, my apologies, let me know and I'll move it.

In the program. I changed the quick lane change flashes from the standard three blinks to five. It worked, except the flasher on the cluster now hyper flashes yet the actual signal outside lamps flash at the normal frequency. In order to try to fix this, I went back and changed the specific digit back to stock form, and the flashes are back to three, but the hyperflashing remains.
Is there any idea what might be the culprit or how I can eliminate the hyper flash? Also I do not believe the lights have been changed to LEDs, unless they come stock on a 2018 F150.
Check if your first change triggered any DTC and try to reset?
Old 07-07-2022, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89
This is the correct location.

Did you download and save the as-built data from the BCM before making any changes? If so, load it back to the BCM.
Each module as-built that I touched got saved before any changes were made. I have not tried loading the BCM module back since the flash change was in the SCCM module. Or can the control for this be in multiple places?
Old 07-07-2022, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by allanbradl
Check if your first change triggered any DTC and try to reset?
Using the Forscan program, I did try and check for codes, but it said none were found.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:14 PM

Received 941 Likes on 744 Posts

Reload whatever you saved back to it's original module.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89
Reload whatever you saved back to it's original module.
Many thanks, that did the trick! I must have gotten something wrong in the BCM module and after reloading my saved stock as-built BCM file, the signals on the cluster returned to standard speed! Then just as a precaution I redid my changes one at a time verifying after each before moving on. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Hyperflashing after using Forscan