Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell if an F150 has a lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell if an F150 has a lift kit?

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I just purchased a used 2018 F150 XLT FX4 with 7900 miles. I am almost positive the truck has a lift or leveling kit by looking at the space above the tire in the fender well. Additionally the ground to top of fender well measurement is 39 1/4 inches in the front and 41 inches in the rear I believe. I bought it from a Subaru dealer and they said they didn’t know if it had one. How can tell for sure if it has one and what type it has? Nothing looks like it has aftermarket names stamped on them, just all looks like black painted stock parts. I am worried if it has one and they didn’t get the front end aligned , it could cause problems. Plus I need to know what all my truck has on it 😳.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:12 AM
Debt Consultant

Received 372 Likes on 187 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, I hope it serves you well!
The measurements you listed are directly inline with a 2" front level. The rear is stock height.
If the shocks are black and look stock, they probably are. You probably have a 2" spacer.
The spacers would be located on the top of the front shocks. The mounting bracket kind of cups the top of the shock so it could be difficult to see the spacer in there.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:34 AM
has left the building

Received 3,383 Likes on 2,467 Posts

It would probably be pretty apparent if the truck wasn't properly aligned.
If the wheels sit squarely and it drives straight it's probably fine.

If you have any doubts, just take it in to your favorite front end alignment shop for an alignment. The money is probably worth your peace of mind.

Quick Reply: How to tell if an F150 has a lift kit?