Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you adjust rear supercab doors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Default How do you adjust rear supercab doors?

When I picked my 16 up, I didn't have any blatant air leaks, but the truck also didn't seem as quiet as it should be as on the highway it was only slightly better than my 03 with door seals that were wearing out. Also had the slight driver door jiggle/rubbing seal sound which prompted me to dig up respective threads. Did the quick and dirty tilting the door in some which took care of the jiggles, but no change in road/wind noise. From the start, the passenger side with both doors look fine as far as alignment goes, but the driver side looked bad. Both doors were hanging about 1/4" low compared to the pass side, enough that there was a nice gap between the bottom leading edge of the door and the fender and you could almost get a finger between the cab and door at the top where the pass side you couldn't. trailing edge of the entire front door was sticking out a good bit from the leading edge of the rear door as well.

Finally had some time to break out the body gap measuring tool and do some real adjustment. Both passenger side doors which did look good from the start happened to measure out just about entirely in spec based on a service manual diagram I found, so I'm glad that checked out. Drivers side needed work as I already knew. Driver door is now adjusted and measured good at the leading edge and roof, but I cant figure out how to adjust the supercab doors! All the threads/posts are about the front doors and/or screw rear doors, but nothing for scab. Each of those hinges have 2 bolts each on the door side, but I took all 4 very loose and the door isn't moving. On the body side, looks like you can do fwd/aft/rotate adjustment but of course no tilt. I would of guessed the adjustment would be at the door side bolts for up/down/tilt like the front, but maybe it's all on the body side and needs to be shimmed for tilt? Anyone crack supercab doors loose to adjust them that can shed some light? I need to move mine up and tilted out a bit.

Anyhow, with the pass side already good, and now the driver door in spec, wow, I was pretty surprised at the difference. Quiet as a mouse on roads up to 50mph (travelling 55) getting to the interstate, and on the on ramp was at 70 before I even realized it due to the drop in noise, and at speed, just the tire noise and a bit of turbulence from the mirrors (or could even be the rear door since it's still not right) instead of the usual air roar like driving through a wind storm.
The following users liked this post:
dms1 (05-26-2019)

Quick Reply: How do you adjust rear supercab doors?