Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove my ex from having access to my GPS location

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove my ex from having access to my GPS location

Kind of a bummer first post, but I need a hand and I am striking out on the google searches.

Here's the issue: my ex has my F150 in her FordPass app and can see my truck location via GPS. There is no way I can trust her to remove my vehicle from her app, so there has to be a way to do it from the radio... at least I would think so, since you had to authorize the access from there.

Most google searches are related to adding a vehicle to the app, and anything regarding remove assumes you're simple trying to remove your phone from sync. Maybe I'm just not googling the right terms, but this has to be a "common" problem. I *think* I've gone through all the menus, but I don't see a place to do this. Please don't tell me the only way to get her off my truck is through her app.

Thanks in advance!

Popular Reply

07-14-2019, 05:11 PM
RobTx

Received 644 Likes on 270 Posts

Park by her sister or best friends house a few times, before you master rest it. 😬
Old 07-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Received 1,042 Likes on 705 Posts

I would try a master reset , If you can still "find the truck" on your own ford pass then you'll have to put in a new modem in the truck.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFiveO
Kind of a bummer first post, but I need a hand and I am striking out on the google searches.

Here's the issue: my ex has my F150 in her FordPass app and can see my truck location via GPS. There is no way I can trust her to remove my vehicle from her app, so there has to be a way to do it from the radio... at least I would think so, since you had to authorize the access from there.

Most google searches are related to adding a vehicle to the app, and anything regarding remove assumes you're simple trying to remove your phone from sync. Maybe I'm just not googling the right terms, but this has to be a "common" problem. I *think* I've gone through all the menus, but I don't see a place to do this. Please don't tell me the only way to get her off my truck is through her app.

Thanks in advance!
Change the password to your Fordpass/Ford Owner account as the truck is linked to that account. Eventually, it will make her reenter the password which she will obviously be unable to do at that point. You can test this by changing the password and then trying to use your own Fordpass app on your phone. It may let you a few times but eventually it should invalidate the login. As a side note, you should be changing ANY passwords your ex may have anyway. lol

Last edited by M3Master; 07-11-2019 at 10:07 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by M3Master:
DCM (07-11-2019), JoeInPI (07-13-2019), rbird2 (07-11-2019), RLXXI (07-16-2019), Twin snail putput (07-13-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

call ford pass help.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by M3Master
Change the password to your Fordpass/Ford Owner account as the truck is linked to that account. Eventually, it will make her reenter the password which she will obviously be unable to do at that point. You can test this by changing the password and then trying to use your own Fordpass app on your phone. It may let you a few times but eventually it should invalidate the login. As a side note, you should be changing ANY passwords your ex may have anyway. lol
She has my truck on her own FordPass account, unfortunately.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFiveO
She has my truck on her own FordPass account, unfortunately.
call ford pass if the master reset does not work
Old 07-11-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
call ford pass if the master reset does not work
OK, I'll give it a try. Amazed this is so complicated. You should be able to see all the devices connected to your smartlink system, from the radio, IMO. Especially since anyone can add their account if they have your keys and can go outside and start it up.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BadAltitude
There has to be a way. GPS tracking in less nefarious situations is unacceptable. For example,when a vehicle is sold the buyer doesn’t want the seller to track the vehicle.
My thoughts exactly. I guess the lesson here is if you're buying a used vehicle with this tech, complete a master reset.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Not knowing more about your specific situation, is there any way you can get your hands on her phone? If you can, delete the app on her phone. But I’m guessing because you’re asking, that might not be an option.

Just of curiosity, if and when you figure out how to resolve this, please let us know. I’m sure you’re not the only person with this same concern.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Not knowing more about your specific situation, is there any way you can get your hands on her phone? If you can, delete the app on her phone. But I’m guessing because you’re asking, that might not be an option.

Just of curiosity, if and when you figure out how to resolve this, please let us know. I’m sure you’re not the only person with this same concern.
No access to phone, but removing the app won't help. At worse, she'd reinstall the app, and sign back in with her FordPass account. My vehicle is tied to her account, not her device.

Quick Reply: How do I remove my ex from having access to my GPS location