Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honking / Alarm when truck is off and locked and somone inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 57 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Honking / Alarm when truck is off and locked and somone inside

Apologies ahead of time as I tried to find this exact topic and did not see it.

We were xmas shopping. My Mother in law wanted to stay in the truck during our last stop. I shut the truck off. It was NOT running. Wife and I got out, Mother in law remained in the backseat. We shut the doors and locked it.

15 minutes later when we returned she was pretty rattled. The truck had been honking and flashing lights the entire time we were gone. In intervals. It would do this for like 30 seconds or so then stop. Then 30 seconds later it would do it again.

I am assuming this is some sensor detecting movement in the vehicle when it is locked? Any input would be great but I find this to be an annoying feature. Sometimes people want to stay in the truck while you run in the store.

edit: just to be clear, this is different than the honking when the truck is left running and the fob exits the cab.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you turn off the engine you will see the option to turn off inside sensors on your dash screen. You can turn it off that way or you let your mother-in-law hit the lock button from inside the truck. Either way you lock the truck without having to deal with the alarm going off because of movement inside the truck,
The following users liked this post:
Kromulok (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Big__D
After you turn off the engine you will see the option to turn off inside sensors on your dash screen. You can turn it off that way or you let your mother-in-law hit the lock button from inside the truck. Either way you lock the truck without having to deal with the alarm going off because of movement inside the truck,
Very true big D and a nice feature. BUT, he will have to go into advanced settings on the dash screen and enable the prompt " ask on exit" I believe it is. This will then ask every time you shut it off if you want to enable the interior motion sensor. If you always want it on then don't enable that prompt.
Kromulok (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Received 57 Likes on 9 Posts

thank you
Old 03-28-2024, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can it be disabled?

Can you completely disable the inside motion alarm on a 2015 F150?

If I pull over for the night and lock the doors, the alarm goes. Can't that motion function be disabled using the Forscan?
Old 03-28-2024, 09:53 PM
Captain of Industry

Received 1,230 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMcCoy
Can you completely disable the inside motion alarm on a 2015 F150?

If I pull over for the night and lock the doors, the alarm goes. Can't that motion function be disabled using the Forscan?
You can disable it in your instrument panel, but you have to do it each time you turn the truck off. There's no option to turn it off permanently that I am aware of.

Regardless, if you shut off the truck and stay inside, the alarm should not sound. It knows you're still in the truck because the door didn't open, and usually the key or fob is still present, so it doesn't activate the interior sensors.
AZMcCoy (03-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Honking / Alarm when truck is off and locked and somone inside