Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having a compatibility problems with tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Having a compatibility problems with tonneau cover

Hey, I'm getting ready to order a 2015 F-150 XLT and while online using the Ford 'Build & Price' I noticed that it won't allow me to add a tonneau cover with the stowable loading ramps option. Is there something with the attachment plate for the ramps that would keep the tonneau cover from attaching maybe?
I've always been a Mustang guy so I'm buying this F-150 for 'late fall- winter - early spring' use while the Stang stays in my garage (when it gets into the 40-45 degree range the compound in my tires turn to rock). This will be my first truck so I'm not completely sure about this issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2016, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PwrGT
Hey, I'm getting ready to order a 2015 F-150 XLT and while online using the Ford 'Build & Price' I noticed that it won't allow me to add a tonneau cover with the stowable loading ramps option. Is there something with the attachment plate for the ramps that would keep the tonneau cover from attaching maybe?
I've always been a Mustang guy so I'm buying this F-150 for 'late fall- winter - early spring' use while the Stang stays in my garage (when it gets into the 40-45 degree range the compound in my tires turn to rock). This will be my first truck so I'm not completely sure about this issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reviving this thread as I'm running into the issue now.

bought the stowable ramps and was planning to install the bakflip mx4 and was told that this system does not play nicely with the bakflip type covers. Not sure if this is the case with the the factory touneau cover but it is with the bakflip type covers. Anybody else have a solution for an easily accessible touneau cover using the stowable ramps? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Truck Bed Storage Systems

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorge_Sanchez
Reviving this thread as I'm running into the issue now.

bought the stowable ramps and was planning to install the bakflip mx4 and was told that this system does not play nicely with the bakflip type covers. Not sure if this is the case with the the factory touneau cover but it is with the bakflip type covers. Anybody else have a solution for an easily accessible touneau cover using the stowable ramps? Thanks in advance.
Does anybody have a photo of these ramps of which you speak? Curious as to compatibility. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by DECKED
Does anybody have a photo of these ramps of which you speak? Curious as to compatibility. Thanks!
This is what they look like loaded in the bed.

The following users liked this post:
DECKED (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 04:27 PM

The combo of the hard folding tonneau cover and the ramps wouldn't even go through when I ordered it at the dealership but one of the workers there said they had no problems with it so somehow they added it on. I thought at first the ramps may interfere with the cover but they both work fine together.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by PwrGT
The combo of the hard folding tonneau cover and the ramps wouldn't even go through when I ordered it at the dealership but one of the workers there said they had no problems with it so somehow they added it on. I thought at first the ramps may interfere with the cover but they both work fine together.
Hey PwrGT, which hard folding tonneau do you speak of? They have a few on the ford accessories website.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the loading ramps and a bakflip revolver x2. i had to take off the ramps while i put the rails of the cover on the just put them back in. the cover works perfect for them. i believe with the tailgate where the ramps attach that non loading ramp equipped trucks dont have that solid bar that runs along it. it helps keep a tight seal when you shut the tailgate i live in houston and it has flooded bad recently yet my bed is dry as can be. plus the thing is a flush cover and has ALUMINM slats all along it with a locking mechanism that locks the full length of the bed. i bought it from truckalterations here on the forum for 710. which is hard price to beat.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by cransnam
i have the loading ramps and a bakflip revolver x2. i had to take off the ramps while i put the rails of the cover on the just put them back in. the cover works perfect for them. i believe with the tailgate where the ramps attach that non loading ramp equipped trucks dont have that solid bar that runs along it. it helps keep a tight seal when you shut the tailgate i live in houston and it has flooded bad recently yet my bed is dry as can be. plus the thing is a flush cover and has ALUMINM slats all along it with a locking mechanism that locks the full length of the bed. i bought it from truckalterations here on the forum for 710. which is hard price to beat.
I wasn't fond of the revolver at first, but looking at it again it might work for my application. Sorry to hear about the flood cransnam, my old stomping grounds is in houston (alief) and my parents are still there.. luckily they weren't hit by the flood as hard as others in Houston.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you go the revolver route vs the other bakflip options? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:42 PM

It's the Advantage hard folding tonneau cover for a 6.5 bed. If you check out the accessories section it still shows 'Cannot be used when Bed Ramps are installed'. That's why I asked at the dealership and they didn't know why it says that. I've had no problems at all.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:07 PM

My mistake. I just went and checked it out and it's the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. When I ordered it the salesperson was looking at the accessory site as well and the Advantage was what we looked at. I assumed that that was the one I had but it is an Extang. The pic below is from their website. The bottom pic is my F-150. It's tough to see what the tonneau cover looks like but it fits great.

Quick Reply: Having a compatibility problems with tonneau cover