Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting some custom machined flush mount center caps to replace the shin busters...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:34 AM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Getting some custom machined flush mount center caps to replace the shin busters...

I found a company on the ford raptor forums that makes flush mount center caps for Method Wheels, which I almost bought but couldn't stand the gold bolts instead of being black to match the wheel.

So anyway I called them up and asked if they could make a set for a fuel wheel, they said heck yeah. So I sent them a fuel wheel to use a template to make a 3D print and ultimately machine what you see below. This is supposed to pop in through the front and ultimately not ever be able to come out unless taking the wheel off and popping them out through the back of the wheel. Anyways the fuel wheels I guess are a bit harder to make as they are hub centric instead of the method wheels being lug centric, or so I've heard.

Anyways here is the rough design and product before finishing and powder coating. They do great work and they are called Chief Machining out of Ohio.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did this turn out? I was looking into doing similar for my wheels. KMC XD301, can't stand the plastic center caps that stick out.

Would you recommend chief machining? They look like they know what they are doing.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:00 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

What did it cost you? I wonder if they could do something for the stock SE wheels... I want to eliminate the stupid blue center caps on my otherwise black-and-red truck.

Quick Reply: Getting some custom machined flush mount center caps to replace the shin busters...