Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The fun of discovery with a new vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The fun of discovery with a new vehicle

There are always little things that you find out on your own when you purchase a new vehicle. That little compartment. That do-dad that the salesman didn't show you. Just made my first discovery when I was exploring the back seat area of my Scab. And found it by accident. The front seat headrests pivot forward and back. I leaned against it and it moved and was like what just happened. Started playing around with it and figured out how it worked.

Yeah I'm easily amused. LOL
Old 07-02-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
There are always little things that you find out on your own when you purchase a new vehicle. That little compartment. That do-dad that the salesman didn't show you. Just made my first discovery when I was exploring the back seat area of my Scab. And found it by accident. The front seat headrests pivot forward and back. I leaned against it and it moved and was like what just happened. Started playing around with it and figured out how it worked.

Yeah I'm easily amused. LOL
Salesman showed me the headrest bc it was all the way forward and uncomfortable. I was headed over to the Chevy dealership (it was next door) if the head rest didnt adjust; glad it does.

Have you found the latch to release the back seat yet? Got mine unlatched yesterday; ended up with 2 cuts on my fingers but I got it.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There was a card attached to my headrest stating how it works. Guess it's been overlooked a lot.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jelbz
There was a card attached to my headrest stating how it works. Guess it's been overlooked a lot.
Guess the dealerships or some of them remove it. I drove 4 different ones, none of them had a card on them.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Large Member

Received 709 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowmaker
Guess the dealerships or some of them remove it. I drove 4 different ones, none of them had a card on them.
neither did mine.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowmaker
Salesman showed me the headrest bc it was all the way forward and uncomfortable. I was headed over to the Chevy dealership (it was next door) if the head rest didnt adjust; glad it does.

Have you found the latch to release the back seat yet? Got mine unlatched yesterday; ended up with 2 cuts on my fingers but I got it.
To fold the 40 seat back down or to lift the bottoms up? Found them both when I test drive several weeks before. But was wondering if you are talking about something completely different.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Garemlin
To fold the 40 seat back down or to lift the bottoms up? Found them both when I test drive several weeks before. But was wondering if you are talking about something completely different.
To fold the seat back down.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 717 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Jelbz
I have no idea what you guys are talking about....I'll have to go look. No one told me about the headrests being adjustable.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:43 PM

Received 717 Likes on 425 Posts

Hmph....I didn't know about that. I checked my wife's Lincoln, it does it too. Nobody told us either vehicle does that.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Tommy

Received 4,265 Likes on 2,183 Posts

It's always a good feeling when you find these little gems by mistake.
I found out about the headrest one day while driving. I stopped at a red light and while waiting for it to turn green I decided to stretch by grabbing the headrest - needless to say I was kinda shocked when mid- stretch I heard the headrest clicking!

After that shock, it took a few seconds to figure out how to get it back to the original position.