Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Fox shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which Fox shocks

I noticed that there are some other members getting wheel hop when driving with a lift. Just ordered a Hellwig sway bar and have lowered my psi to 42 as I have 35" Toyo Open Country At II tires.
Would switching to Fox shocks help solve this problem?
What part number should I look at since I have a 6" Fabtech lift?

Thanks guys, want to make sure I get the right part
Old 02-28-2016, 11:29 PM
nad

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

How did the sway bar alone help the ride? I'm considering cancelling my order for some fix shocks and just getting the sway bar.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:49 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

l
Originally Posted by nad
How did the sway bar alone help the ride? I'm considering cancelling my order for some fix shocks and just getting the sway bar.
Maybe that's why I don't think the "hop" is as bad as people make it out to be. One of the 1st things I did was install the Sway Bar. I remember what a difference it made...

I would think shocks should be a little icing on the cake but at this point haven't felt like it's needed. I'm sure it won't be too long before I do something with the suspension as soon as I can decide what.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:56 AM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

What is your wheel size with your 35's?
Old 10-10-2016, 05:03 PM
2015 F150 Guy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by nad
I'm posting to respectfully disagree with the previous post. Sway bars help with body roll, period. They don't have any effect on wheel hop(especially when you encounter a linear feature the spans both wheels, like an expansion joint or a speed bump) or dampening. In other words, they are two different parts designed to perform different functions. I did the sway first and will do the shocks ASAP as I'm sick of the NASTY bump steer in the rear. It's DANGEROUS IMHO.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:11 PM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by cubsalltheway
I noticed that there are some other members getting wheel hop when driving with a lift. Just ordered a Hellwig sway bar and have lowered my psi to 42 as I have 35" Toyo Open Country At II tires.
Would switching to Fox shocks help solve this problem?
What part number should I look at since I have a 6" Fabtech lift?

Thanks guys, want to make sure I get the right part
I got my Fox 2.0's, along with most others here from Stage 3 Motorsports. Check with those guys and they will be sure you get the correct shock for your application.

Quick Reply: Which Fox shocks