Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORscan questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts
Default FORscan questions.

I'm about to make the Forscan plunge to do a few changes. A couple I will be doing will be the popular bambi mode, and Hyperflash fix for LED bulbs.

A couple more that I would like to do but have not seen any instruction or info on would be to have the 3rd brake light/cargo light come one while in reverse for better reverse lighting and also when unlocking and locking the truck via fob just the same as how all the other lights come on. I don't have the bed lights so the cargo light would be helpful for me at night.

I have searched on this subject but haven't came up with anything. Any info or help would be appreciated, and also open to other suggestions on more changes.

Truck is a 2020 STX 2.7l Screw

Old 07-13-2021, 10:13 AM

Received 394 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by zebvance
I'm about to make the Forscan plunge to do a few changes. A couple I will be doing will be the popular bambi mode, and Hyperflash fix for LED bulbs.

A couple more that I would like to do but have not seen any instruction or info on would be to have the 3rd brake light/cargo light come one while in reverse for better reverse lighting and also when unlocking and locking the truck via fob just the same as how all the other lights come on. I don't have the bed lights so the cargo light would be helpful for me at night.

I have searched on this subject but haven't came up with anything. Any info or help would be appreciated, and also open to other suggestions on more changes.

Truck is a 2020 STX 2.7l Screw
Its not something that Forscan can change.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:34 PM

Received 385 Likes on 245 Posts

As a general rule of thumb, FORScan can only change things that you can get as factory options. If it’s not offered on a higher trim level or part of a special package, Forscan cannot magically make it work. There are of course some exceptions to this, but it’s a good rule of thumb to follow when creating a wish list of Forscan mods.

The light scenario you mentioned is not available with any of the higher trims or packages (that I know of), therefore is probably not something that Forscan by itself can accomplish. That’s not to say it can’t help as a tool in addition to other modifications (wiring, etc), but cannot accomplish it as a tweak on its own.

Quick Reply: FORscan questions.