Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford pass

Old 12-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ford pass

Something happened and now my Ford pass shows
Activation pending Your activation will be completed once an authorized user approves your request.
What do I need to do to get it back?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad4052
Something happened and now my Ford pass shows
Activation pending Your activation will be completed once an authorized user approves your request.
What do I need to do to get it back?
Next time you start the truck just say yes.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,120 Likes on 2,828 Posts

did you change anything on your cell phone or truck? I know when I got a new cell phone I had to do a master reset on my SYNC and re pair everything
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,573 Likes on 6,194 Posts

My Ford Pass app doesnt even work. May uninstall and reinstall.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by djfllmn
did you change anything on your cell phone or truck? I know when I got a new cell phone I had to do a master reset on my SYNC and re pair everything
This worked for me!

I received the waiting for authorized user approval but I am the authorized user so I did the master reset and was able to re-register it to my truck.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
This worked for me!

I received the waiting for authorized user approval but I am the authorized user so I did the master reset and was able to re-register it to my truck.
So how do you do a master reset?
Old 12-05-2018, 08:47 PM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

If it's an Android. Check that your Permissions are all turned on when you open the app, in the phone settings, not just the app's own settings.
Attached Thumbnails Ford pass-1544060996366.jpg  

Last edited by Masi1926; 12-05-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad4052

So how do you do a master reset?
Sync 3 screen - settings - scroll down to about - scroll down to master reset.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 632 Likes on 329 Posts

Ford Pass is worthless to me. I installed the module that just came out that would give my truck WiFi and was told I could start it from my phone by using Ford Pass. Nope. Only after installation was I told by Ford that Ford Pass will only start your truck if it came from the factory with remote start. If you add a Ford remote start later, that does not count. I am left with an app that constantly wants me to log in over and over each and every time it is accessed. I can lock and unlock my truck, honk the horn, find coffee and parking, but the main reason, start the truck - nope, not happening.
I emailed Ford. So what should I add to mimic the Ford factory remote start as if it came from the factory? -- Ford "can't be done". 12 volt solutions has a solution and will work with the phone, but Ford can't figure it out. My remote access I have on my 2015 will work from the phone on my truck that did not have factory remote start and it works just fine. Ford discontinued it of course. I installed the regular 2 way remote in addition to the other one and I now have remote start for now. I will probably pull the other one out and just kill it with a hammer to make me feel better. The vibe I got from Ford's email was that it would just be better to trade my new truck in and get one that already had remote start from the factory. This should not bother me as much as it is, but when I get emails from "girls" in marketing at Ford with little flippant answers to a problem I would like to solve, I get a little short tempered.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:55 AM

Received 647 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVININCHICAGO
Ford Pass is worthless to me. I installed the module that just came out that would give my truck WiFi and was told I could start it from my phone by using Ford Pass. Nope. Only after installation was I told by Ford that Ford Pass will only start your truck if it came from the factory with remote start. If you add a Ford remote start later, that does not count. I am left with an app that constantly wants me to log in over and over each and every time it is accessed. I can lock and unlock my truck, honk the horn, find coffee and parking, but the main reason, start the truck - nope, not happening.
I emailed Ford. So what should I add to mimic the Ford factory remote start as if it came from the factory? -- Ford "can't be done". 12 volt solutions has a solution and will work with the phone, but Ford can't figure it out. My remote access I have on my 2015 will work from the phone on my truck that did not have factory remote start and it works just fine. Ford discontinued it of course. I installed the regular 2 way remote in addition to the other one and I now have remote start for now. I will probably pull the other one out and just kill it with a hammer to make me feel better. The vibe I got from Ford's email was that it would just be better to trade my new truck in and get one that already had remote start from the factory. This should not bother me as much as it is, but when I get emails from "girls" in marketing at Ford with little flippant answers to a problem I would like to solve, I get a little short tempered.
You installed SMARTLINK? If so, yes as long as you had the fob portion of it programmed properly you sure can access it through FordPass. On iOS you have to enable SmartLink in the settings, not sure on Android.

This should have all been covered by whomever sold the unit to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford pass