Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default First time buyer

Hey everyone thanks for the great information, I've read just about every post for the last 4 weeks dreaming about getting into a 15' F150. I announce rodeos for a living and need a little extra room to haul sound equipment. Don't need anything fancy but want to get your opinions on what I should expect for bottom dollar.

2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Cab

53A Tow package

2.7L 4x4

MSRP $47,645
Discount $10,038
Best Price $37,607

The greatest thing about this dealership is they offer a lifetime Powertrain warranty on all new vehicles that can be serviced at any approved shop.

What should I expect as their lowest price?
Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

It might assist in your receiving a credible reply if you gave folks some idea of your location...markets in North America differ significantly, e.g. number of competing dealerships, etc.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:17 PM

I apologize I currently live in Idaho but will be purchasing the vehicle in Iowa. It's the only ford dealership in town and have great ratings.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:42 PM

Received 140 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jtlucas
I apologize I currently live in Idaho but will be purchasing the vehicle in Iowa. It's the only ford dealership in town and have great ratings.
I think you've been offered a pretty damned good deal.

At some point, you need to allow for the dealer making some profit, so they'll still be in business when you need service. If they're the only ones around, and have great ratings, then take the deal, and be happy with it.

I only got ~$5K off my Lariat Screw (it was February, though. no incentives).
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Idaho to Iowa, eh? What about service and problem times? Having a good local dealer is important to me.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:52 PM

As I stated earlier I travel for a living announcing rodeos so I really don't have a local mechanic anywhere that I always use, I'm never in one spot long enough haha. I'll be in Iowa for a rodeo in the town of my former university, I had service done at the dealership when I lived in Iowa but moved to Idaho in July. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jtlucas
As I stated earlier I travel for a living announcing rodeos so I really don't have a local mechanic anywhere that I always use, I'm never in one spot long enough haha. I'll be in Iowa for a rodeo in the town of my former university, I had service done at the dealership when I lived in Iowa but moved to Idaho in July. Thanks for the info!
Take a look at Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE; I live in central IA and have bought several trucks from them they deal really well. I got $12,000 off my last 2 trucks I know new style and all you will not do as well.

Quick Reply: First time buyer