Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First post; guidance please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question First post; guidance please!

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum and is unlikely that it'll be my last!

I moved to Mexico last year and a six months ago bought a 2018 Lariat. (F150 which here they call a Lobo). It's the first time I've bought a new car since 2006 and finding information has been more challenging than I'd have hoped. For the last week or so I've been searching and struggling, so just thought I'd ask if someone here can point me in the right direction.

What I want to do is find information on the wiring conduit locations inside the cab; particularly from the rear view mirror and to a fuse box. (Hard wiring a dash cam). I presume that the cables from the sunroof and lights/rear view mirror etc travel to the offside of the car along the top of the windscreen and then down the A pillar to the internal fuse box in the front passenger seat footwell. If so, how is it accessed? Does the A pillar panel just pull off with force and then pop back on or are there more complex fixings? The housing for the overhead lights; does that just pull off or is there a 'way' to do it?

I've been through YouTube and the forums but as I said I've struggled to find how to do it. My lack of knowledge of part names may be a factor, along with the huge amount of information on the web, contributing to having too many results to find the one I want. If someone could point me to a video of someone taking the cab panels off and running accessory cables through to and from a fuse box that would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ross

Quick Reply: First post; guidance please!