Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??

Hey guys, so washed the truck this weekend and noticed my first dent in the rear passenger side door and it's been bothering the sh*%^t out of me, lol. My question is, has anyone had dents already that have been fixed with paintless dent repair yet?? I'm thinking it can be fixed, but worried about it being aluminium and all, it might be harder to do...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The picture doesn't show the dent enough. It's worse in person.

Last edited by 15WHITEFX4; 03-06-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I would try PDR first.

Hoods have been made out of aluminium for years & they don't have issues with those.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a very small dent up high on the rear door when I first got my truck. Local PDR guy came to the house and I was absolutely amazed. He got rid of the dent and I couldn't even find the spot after he was done. Highly recommend that first.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by bulletmx
I had a very small dent up high on the rear door when I first got my truck. Local PDR guy came to the house and I was absolutely amazed. He got rid of the dent and I couldn't even find the spot after he was done. Highly recommend that first.
Awesome! Definitely gonna try PDR first! I just figured PDR would only work on steel body panels.

Bulletmx, do you by any chance have a before an after of the dent??
Old 03-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

here is what paintless dent removal did to a friends car. they burnt right through the paint, not aluminum, but something to consider.
Attached Thumbnails First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??-paintless.jpg   First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??-paintless1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
rbird2 (01-29-2020)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by tenacious
here is what paintless dent removal did to a friends car. they burnt right through the paint, not aluminum, but something to consider.
Ouch. Definitely don't want that to happen
Old 03-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have an actual before and after of the same shot but this is a pic of the dent. Very small but no way I was living with it. If you look into the reflection look at the sidewalk line and you can see where it was dented. After the repair there's no way you could ever see where it was dented. Mine was high on the door so the guy used tools that went inside the door from the window opening. No heat. I was super apprehensive but I wouldn't hesitate to try it again. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??-image-4181046269.jpg  
Old 03-06-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 15WHITEFX4
Ouch. Definitely don't want that to happen
That is not the norm. The guy who worked on that was a hack. I never had any issues when I had a PDR guy work out dents in my vehicles over the last 15 years.
The following users liked this post:
kendive (04-25-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by bulletmx
I don't have an actual before and after of the same shot but this is a pic of the dent. Very small but no way I was living with it. If you look into the reflection look at the sidewalk line and you can see where it was dented. After the repair there's no way you could ever see where it was dented. Mine was high on the door so the guy used tools that went inside the door from the window opening. No heat. I was super apprehensive but I wouldn't hesitate to try it again. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Looks very similar to mine too, lol. There's no way I'm living with it either, lol. Now that I know it's there it bothers the **** outta me! Definitely will let you know how it goes!

Next question is anyone recommend any good PDR places in the GTA??
Old 03-06-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I had a small dent also on delivery on the rear door. Dealer had the PDR guy fix it, can't see it at all. I also had a larger one fixed on the aluminum hood of my Ram, couldn't see that when it was done.

In both cases it was the dealers PDR guy. I would call the dealer and see who they use. They typically have someone come in once a week or so to do all their work. If they are having them working on the new cars and trade ins I would think it is someone you can trust. They might set it up for you.

Quick Reply: First Dent :((( Paintless Dent Repair for Aluminium??