Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 - you've come a long way baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 637 Likes on 330 Posts
Default F150 - you've come a long way baby

For those of you who have had Ford trucks for multiple decades can probably already guess what I am about to say. I look over the forums with the problems people are having with their trucks and remember back to how trucks used to be. Regular cab - 8ft box and maybe air. There were always repairs for water pumps, fuel pumps, belts, hoses, hubs, rotting exhaust, oil leaks, crappy alternators, starters, keeping carbs running right with **** poor mileage and all kinds of paint and body issues. Most if not all of these are not even seen even in excess of 100,000 miles now. i remember allotting $200 per month, every month, to just fix things that broke. Transmissions at 60,000, batteries every other year, coolant flushes, plug changes at 30,000, plug wires, caps, rotors, ignition modules, intake and exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, head gaskets, when was the last time these newer trucks ever let you down. People get nostalgic for the old trucks, I thought they sucked. They seemed like they were always taking money I did not have. These new trucks are a maintenance dream, always start, run and deliver even when neglected and abused. I'm sure you older guys know what I mean. Lets just say I had old road signs for floorboards at one time.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 209 Likes on 131 Posts
Default F150 - you've come a long way baby

Yes the new trucks are quite maintenance free except for minor issues although a few people have been stranded with a broken down new truck here on the forum.

Yes new trucks are more reliable and don't generally break down as often. Unfortunately that can't be said of new people born into this world. They break down and eventually find themselves in the human version of a junkyard about just as often as before if not sooner because of the better ways of killing each other and poisoning ourselves with crap we call food.

Quick Reply: F150 - you've come a long way baby