Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

 
Old 07-28-2018, 04:32 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Decided to purchase the 6 year 100k mile Ford premium warranty this week. Purchased it just before the 36k mark on my truck.

I know there have been many messages posted about being a waste of money or others saying completely worth it.

After having $2300 dollars of warranty work to fix the Vista roof this week, I thought with all the bells and whistles on this truck, why not get an extended warranty.



pbexley is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 04:54 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
cthusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northwest Connecticut
Posts: 1,557
Received 315 Likes on 223 Posts
Default

Hopefully you shopped around because there are dealerships that have much lower prices then others. I had Ford ESP on my 2012 and it worked out to save me money in the long run. Ford replaced the rear sliding window and the entire touch screen unit. I purchased the ESP for a very good price and know those 2 items would have been very expensive to replace.

Obviously a roll of the dice but if I decide to keep my 2017 more then 3 years I'll get another Ford ESP for sure.
cthusker is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 05:04 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Posts: 1,170
Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pbexley View Post
Decided to purchase the 6 year 100k mile Ford premium warranty this week. Purchased it just before the 36k mark on my truck.

I know there have been many messages posted about being a waste of money or others saying completely worth it.

After having $2300 dollars of warranty work to fix the Vista roof this week, I thought with all the bells and whistles on this truck, why not get an extended warranty.
Hopefully, you purchased one from Flood Ford (www.floodfordesp.com). If not, get a refund and try again. Flood Ford's pricing is the lowest around unless you live in Florida.

GMC to Ford is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 05:06 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopped around

Originally Posted by cthusker View Post
Hopefully you shopped around because there are dealerships that have much lower prices then others. I had Ford ESP on my 2012 and it worked out to save me money in the long run. Ford replaced the rear sliding window and the entire touch screen unit. I purchased the ESP for a very good price and know those 2 items would have been very expensive to replace.

Obviously a roll of the dice but if I decide to keep my 2017 more then 3 years I'll get another Ford ESP for sure.
I did take the advice from the forum and got it from Flood Ford. They seem to have the best price.

pbexley is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 01:46 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Never been a fan but am actually thinking of pulling the trigger on one this time. Was just wondering what the right one is. I've been on flood ford site but is the premium the right answer or go with the extra care.
toro1966 is online now  
Old 07-29-2018, 04:40 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,222
Received 194 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
Never been a fan but am actually thinking of pulling the trigger on one this time. Was just wondering what the right one is. I've been on flood ford site but is the premium the right answer or go with the extra care.
Hard to beat the Premium Care.

Go to bottom and select the different areas of the truck. Ie rear suspension, emissions, audio, etc. and see the differences.

YMMV.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/compare-plans/
jcb206 is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 11:58 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: N.E Illinois
Posts: 5
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
These guys are great to deal with.
mxlchgo is offline  
Old 07-29-2018, 12:16 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 276
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Anderson and Koch ar definitely a bit cheaper .

What is the smart deductible to get? Again, haven't had one of these in a while. I was thinking $50 or $100. I figure almost any repair will be more than that. Thoughts?
toro1966 is online now  
Old 07-29-2018, 01:44 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Ricktwuhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 10,177
Received 3,106 Likes on 1,961 Posts
Default

The smart deductible to go with is the most that you can afford. Just like the warranty - it's insurance. If you can afford the loss (repair), then you don't buy the warranty.
Ricktwuhk is online now  
Old 07-29-2018, 02:02 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 137
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Funny how everyone says Flood Ford is/was the cheapest.
Zeigler beat them by $100 when I purchased mine.
BigJosh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended Warranty


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: