Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Compartment Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Engine Compartment Light

Has anybody added one? I searched here and the how-to section and didn't see a post. I found one for the F250, but haven't looked under my hood since to see if there's an opening for it. I know I could do led strip lights, but would prefer OEM.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Received 3,165 Likes on 2,194 Posts

I know this doesn't answer your question... I haven't cared about engine bay lighting since LED headlamps (aka spelunking lamps) have become cheap and powerful. I keep one in the truck at all times. It does a much better job than any fixed position lighting (which create shadows exactly where you are trying to look almost every.single.time).
The following users liked this post:
dalola (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamingtaco
I know this doesn't answer your question... I haven't cared about engine bay lighting since LED headlamps (aka spelunking lamps) have become cheap and powerful. I keep one in the truck at all times. It does a much better job than any fixed position lighting (which create shadows exactly where you are trying to look almost every.single.time).
Funny you mention it, since I just put one of my nice Olight headlamps in the truck a few days ago. I just prefer to have something permanent and as a back-up.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 3,165 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by specv510
Funny you mention it, since I just put one of my nice Olight headlamps in the truck a few days ago. I just prefer to have something permanent and as a back-up.
No harm in wanting convenience. With LED strips, you can put lights all over the place. Not sure how well they'd hold up in a hot engine bay, though.

Maybe try some trailer/RV interior LED light assemblies like the ones I've linked in this sentence right here.

Quick Reply: Engine Compartment Light