Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:19 AM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Default Door lock issue

So this morning it was kind of cold so I started my truck from inside the house.

When I went out, I hit the unlock button on the fob from around the corner of the garage. Got to the truck, pulled the handle and nothing. Tried locking and unlocking several times and the drivers door did not unlock, did not hear the lock move at all but I heard the back door and tailgate every time.

Got in through the back seat, hit the button inside, got out and still nothing. Got back in and opened the door from the inside.

Then I got out and locked/unlocked it several times without issue.

Not going to the dealer because I cannot even replicate so I know what their response will be. If it happens again it will be going in.

My question is this: Should I escalate and demand that they buy back my truck that has 2600 miles on it? I mean clearly this is a safety issue, what if I am in a dark parking lot and being chased by thugs and my drivers side door refuses to unlock? (OK, I'm kidding with this part but I couldn't help it...)
Old 01-14-2016, 08:26 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

It is a known problem. Spray some silicone lube into the door latch, should solve it.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Just the beginning?

Originally Posted by 11screw50
So this morning it was kind of cold so I started my truck from inside the house.

When I went out, I hit the unlock button on the fob from around the corner of the garage. Got to the truck, pulled the handle and nothing. Tried locking and unlocking several times and the drivers door did not unlock, did not hear the lock move at all but I heard the back door and tailgate every time.

Got in through the back seat, hit the button inside, got out and still nothing. Got back in and opened the door from the inside.

Then I got out and locked/unlocked it several times without issue.

Not going to the dealer because I cannot even replicate so I know what their response will be. If it happens again it will be going in.

My question is this: Should I escalate and demand that they buy back my truck that has 2600 miles on it? I mean clearly this is a safety issue, what if I am in a dark parking lot and being chased by thugs and my drivers side door refuses to unlock? (OK, I'm kidding with this part but I couldn't help it...)

Isn't it exciting owning a new military grade aluminum Ford? Too bad they didn't provide military door locks and latches!

Just imagine your door unlocking experience posted on YouTube! Probably get lots of hits.

Then perhaps Ford would do a recall and correct the numerous locking and unlocking door and tailgate issues.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:04 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

I'd recommend using the correct lubricant as specified in the TSB - XL-5-A:

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...tegory=Greases

Did just that as a preventative measure - so far, so good.

MGD

Quick Reply: Door lock issue