Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 2015 Platinum Grill come apart?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Does the 2015 Platinum Grill come apart?

Hey guys, I am curious if anyone knows if the bars in the 2015 platinum grill come out? I have been unable to find a schematic of photo of the inside of the front part of the grill (not the vents).

TIA
Old 08-27-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, I disassembled mine to paint it. It's a pain but doable. Many screws & tabs but it can be done.
Attached Thumbnails Does the 2015 Platinum Grill come apart?-image.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
Dave Goldman (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 03:27 PM

Damn, that looks good. Thanks!!!
Old 08-28-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I took apart a Platinum grill to paint the egg crate background black for my '16 King Ranch. It's not difficult but it's a little frustrating. There are several screws plus about 15-20 clips that hold the front half to the back half and each and every one of the clips has to be pushed back at the same time to separate the sections. I used a bunch of kitchen knives (the non-sharp kind that are on the dinner table used for butter and such) to do the job. Once all of the clips are held back it's still pretty hard to separate the halves - it seems like I then had to use another knife to slide between the two parts and start forcing it all apart. It took me probably an hour or more to do this on the living room floor - I did it on carpet to keep from scuffing anything up. The result was worth the time and effort.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
I took apart a Platinum grill to paint the egg crate background black for my '16 King Ranch. It's not difficult but it's a little frustrating. There are several screws plus about 15-20 clips that hold the front half to the back half and each and every one of the clips has to be pushed back at the same time to separate the sections. I used a bunch of kitchen knives (the non-sharp kind that are on the dinner table used for butter and such) to do the job. Once all of the clips are held back it's still pretty hard to separate the halves - it seems like I then had to use another knife to slide between the two parts and start forcing it all apart. It took me probably an hour or more to do this on the living room floor - I did it on carpet to keep from scuffing anything up. The result was worth the time and effort.

Yours looks great!!! This is great news. I had a putco light bar installed inside the grill behind the bottom long bar. It throws a great deal of light but would like to remove that part or for easy just use a dremel to cut it out (knowing that I can replace the bar at anytime if needed).

Last edited by Dave Goldman; 08-28-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Does the 2015 Platinum Grill come apart?