Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do power mirrors tilt down?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do power mirrors tilt down?

Gents,
Do the mirrors tilt down when the vehicle is put in reverse? I cant seem to find this out. Chime in please.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lars464
Gents,
Do the mirrors tilt down when the vehicle is put in reverse? I cant seem to find this out. Chime in please.
Negative ghost rider.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

It would have been nice!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks boys. I guess it's time to get rid of it!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by Lars464
Thanks boys. I guess it's time to get rid of it!
Or set your #3 memory to where you want them to point and when needed push the button. Remember to switch back to number one or two before driving.
The following 3 users liked this post by Livoniabob:
BlueSpark (02-28-2018), JobieWan (10-02-2016), Markc1 (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Livoniabob

Or set your #3 memory to where you want them to point and when needed push the button. Remember to switch back to number one or two before driving.
Damn, that is a great idea!
Seriously shaking my head at how easy this sounds and how much this would help. :clapping: :genius:

I hate these new mirrors. Coming from tow mirrors these things are terrible.
Got to get tow mirrors but want all my options to work so they are so expensive. I didn't order truck. Next truck will be an order with exactly what I want.

Thanks for the tip and idea.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Damn Bob, I was just searching for options on this and this thread came up. Genius! I have seen where this can be done in forescan, but that scares me as I would be afraid to mess something else up. I bought my truck new in '15 and this has frustrated me ever since. My car automatically tilts the right mirror down when the car is shifted into R, then back when shifted out. Love that feature as I frequently back my vehicles in.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by LKN Cruiser
Damn Bob, I was just searching for options on this and this thread came up. Genius! I have seen where this can be done in forescan, but that scares me as I would be afraid to mess something else up. I bought my truck new in '15 and this has frustrated me ever since. My car automatically tilts the right mirror down when the car is shifted into R, then back when shifted out. Love that feature as I frequently back my vehicles in.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks,,, but for the record I use the Forscan method myself,, as I need my mirrors set at their normal position when starting off backing up my driveway and halfway up switch the drivers to tilt so it sees the left rear tire and the spot I have marked on the driveway where that tire needs to end up.. While the right mirror needs to stay in it's normal position to watch the fence that's just inches from the mirror.

I will say doing the tilting mirrors is the hardest thing most of us have done with Forscan.. Not that doing the enabling with Forscan is hard,, only that learning how to do the mirror memory training that's required to finish the job seems to take a few tries..

Last edited by Livoniabob; 02-05-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:42 PM

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Honestly, I used to think the reverse tilt was great until using it for a bit on my fiancé's Santa Fe.
After a couple of reverses I went to local hardware store and spent $5 on stick on concave mirrors. They work 100x better. Can now see the rear wheels and the back bumper so I actually know where I'm going.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
Question

Thanks,,, but for the record I use the Forscan method myself,, as I need my mirrors set at their normal position when starting off backing up my driveway and halfway up switch the drivers to tilt so it sees the left rear tire and the spot I have marked on the driveway where that tire needs to end up.. While the right mirror needs to stay in it's normal position to watch the fence that's just inches from the mirror.

I will say doing the tilting mirrors is the hardest thing most of us have done with Forscan.. Not that doing the enabling with Forscan is hard,, only that learning how to do the mirror memory training that's required to finish the job seems to take a few tries..
Is it possible to do this with Forscan on a XLT that has power mirrors but doesn't have the memory function?

Quick Reply: Do power mirrors tilt down?