Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in Pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 08:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Difference in Pads

Hey everyone. Just purchased a 2015 Screw Lariat with the 2.7EB. I was checking out the truck and noticed the rear pads were pretty thin, so I know I have to replace them. I've been searching on here ,but couldn't find an answer so I'm asking.

I was looking for pads at Autozone and wanted to get the mid-level ceramics and noticed that they didn't carry them since I had the electronic parking brake. However, they did have them if I had the mechanical parking brake. Does anyone know what the difference is in the pads? I'm looking at Autozone because of the lifetime warranty and free pads that I'll get down the line and want some that won't have a ton of dust like the semi-metallic ones have. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:17 AM

Received 215 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzpats
Hey everyone. Just purchased a 2015 Screw Lariat with the 2.7EB. I was checking out the truck and noticed the rear pads were pretty thin, so I know I have to replace them. I've been searching on here ,but couldn't find an answer so I'm asking.

I was looking for pads at Autozone and wanted to get the mid-level ceramics and noticed that they didn't carry them since I had the electronic parking brake. However, they did have them if I had the mechanical parking brake. Does anyone know what the difference is in the pads? I'm looking at Autozone because of the lifetime warranty and free pads that I'll get down the line and want some that won't have a ton of dust like the semi-metallic ones have. Thanks for any help.
Be careful changing the pads. With electric parking brakes you can't just push the caliper piston in with a C clamp. It will destroy the electric motor. Make sure and do some research on how it's done correctly.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Worst hairday ever...

Received 253 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by labmaster02
Be careful changing the pads. With electric parking brakes you can't just push the caliper piston in with a C clamp. It will destroy the electric motor. Make sure and do some research on how it's done correctly.
Put your brakes in service mode if you have the e-brake
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/15-16...0/#post4984103
Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 215 Likes on 144 Posts

That's great information. I knew there was a specific procedure just didn't know what Ford's was.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

the new pads have arrows on them to show which position to install it.
Right side inner
left side inner
right side outer
left side outer
Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohsix

the new pads have arrows on them to show which position to install it.
Right side inner
left side inner
right side outer
left side outer
Thanks, but do you know if there's a difference in the pads used with the mechanical emergency brake and the pads used with the electronic emergency brake?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:51 PM

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks, but do you know if there's a difference in the pads used with the mechanical emergency brake and the pads used with the electronic emergency brake?
I ordered my pads from a Ford Dealer web site
and there is a difference between The two

Quick Reply: Difference in Pads