Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Damaged Unit" Window Sitcker

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "Damaged Unit" Window Sitcker

Does anyone know what it means on a window sticker at the bottom of options "damaged unit"?

Anyone have experience or thoughts whether or not to avoid or could potentially be a good deal?
Old 09-19-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Isn't that written on all the stickers? No, of course not, lol!

That is called full disclosure! The vehicle was damaged and repaired prior to being put on the lot for sale. That way the buyer can not come back on the seller or Ford, if prior damage is discovered after the sale. It will also be listed on the bill of sale, and may affect insurance, doubt it, but certainly any future resale.

"You have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky, we'll come on, do you punk!?" Clint Eastwood. Most likely didn't get his quote exactly correct, but I think you get the idea?

Bottom line, is your purchase price really low enough to compensate for buying a damaged vehicle?

Last edited by AbitaPro; 09-19-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
Isn't that written on all the stickers? No, of course not, lol!

That is called full disclosure! The vehicle was damaged and repaired prior to being put on the lot for sale. That way the buyer can not come back on the seller or Ford, if prior damage is discovered after the sale. It will also be listed on the bill of sale, and may affect insurance, doubt it, but certainly any future resale.

"You have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky, we'll come on, do you punk!?" Clint Eastwood. Most likely didn't get his quote exactly correct, but I think you get the idea?

Bottom line, is your purchase price really low enough to compensate for buying a damaged vehicle?
Haha. Yep...Makes sense. The vehicle has 12 miles on it. I'm told now that it had some hail damage at the factory. Looks perfect to me though...Hmm. Tough one. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on how good of a deal,or better yet at what price can you not walk away.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:27 AM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

If it was repaired hail damage and they still listed it on the sticker, kudos to them for being honest about it.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 637 Likes on 330 Posts

I bought mine new with a small ding in the wheel arch in the bed. Paintless dent removal was used but at a certain angle you can still see it. A porter did it when moving trucks around the lot. I got a better deal because of it and I am not as **** as I used to be about my cars as I get older and other things matter more to me now. At least I know it wont get rusty. Things happen. I wouldn't worry about it. Just act real concerned about it and get a good price then forget about it.
The following users liked this post:
GlobalPilot (09-19-2015)

Quick Reply: "Damaged Unit" Window Sitcker