Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a new F-150, need pricing guidance

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buying a new F-150, need pricing guidance

Hello everyone,

Recently joined here and have been reading through numerous threads trying to get a handle on the amount I should pay for my new F-150. The truck I'm leaning towards is a 2016 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft box and the following options:

2.7L Ecoboost V6
Ruby Red Paint
501A Equipment Group
Lariat Chrome Appearance Package
Spray-in Bedliner
Bucket Seats with Console

Total MSRP of $51,025 minus $300 Ecoboost incentive brings it to $50,725

What price should I aim for when I begin negotiating? I plan on taking advantage of the 0% interest financing for 60 months. I'm also not in a huge hurry to buy, I can wait for larger discounts as long as I can get the best price.

Would $40K + TTL be unreasonable for a fairly base Lariat? I'd really like not to go over that by much.

Any options I should really consider adding that give substantial benefit for insubstantial monetary cost? I thought about getting an XLT with the 302A package but for a couple grand more, I think the base Lariat offers some compelling options as well as a higher resale value.

When will the new features for the 2017 model year be announced? Will it be advantageous to wait until those are released? Will it be possible to get a fairly large discount on a 2017 F-150 or not?

Thank you for all the help!!

Chris
Old 06-01-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Hard to get to your price point in a lariat with that msrp. Add 1-3k depending on available rebates and you will have a truck.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
Hard to get to your price point in a lariat with that msrp. Add 1-3k depending on available rebates and you will have a truck.
As summer progresses, I assume the rebates will become better correct? If so, I have no problem waiting for the right price as long as I can get the options/color I want.

I also live in Iowa around the Sioux City area!
Old 06-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can wait, honestly would recommend waiting for 2017 gen 2 3.5ecoboost which is right around the corner. I have the 2.7 and it is a fantastic motor but that power & 10 speed tranny will be a nice bonus.

I pretty much have the same truck you are looking at (501a) and paid a few thousand under invoice end of december when they were pushing quite a few out before the new year.

Upon my research, found that taking the higher interest and receiving more incentives is the way to go. If your credit is good, you can refinance no problem immediately after and save the addtl $ at that time.

Hope my experience helps..
Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kredd
If you can wait, honestly would recommend waiting for 2017 gen 2 3.5ecoboost which is right around the corner. I have the 2.7 and it is a fantastic motor but that power & 10 speed tranny will be a nice bonus.

I pretty much have the same truck you are looking at (501a) and paid a few thousand under invoice end of december when they were pushing quite a few out before the new year.

Upon my research, found that taking the higher interest and receiving more incentives is the way to go. If your credit is good, you can refinance no problem immediately after and save the addtl $ at that time.

Excellent credit, right around 780. I wouldn't be opposed to taking more in rebates in lieu of the 0% financing if it all got me to the number I want to be at.

Not sure if I really want the 3.5L Ecoboost, it seems the 2.7L should be sufficient for the tasks I have. I also would appreciate the seemingly better fuel economy.

When will Ford announce the new features for the 2017 model year?
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by kredd

What that guy said.
For memorial day, Ford was good on incentives for the 2.7L powered trucks.
My truck was discounted 23% off of MSRP or sticker when you include dealer discount and rebates. I felt it was too good to pass up. There's a chance deals will get better into fall or early winter. But then there's a chance it won't.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Submariner
Excellent credit, right around 780. I wouldn't be opposed to taking more in rebates in lieu of the 0% financing if it all got me to the number I want to be at.

Not sure if I really want the 3.5L Ecoboost, it seems the 2.7L should be sufficient for the tasks I have. I also would appreciate the seemingly better fuel economy.

When will Ford announce the new features for the 2017 model year?
isn't much more than this currently:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-...10-speed-auto/
Old 06-01-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by big_ole_truck
What that guy said.
For memorial day, Ford was good on incentives for the 2.7L powered trucks.
My truck was discounted 23% off of MSRP or sticker when you include dealer discount and rebates. I felt it was too good to pass up. There's a chance deals will get better into fall or early winter. But then there's a chance it won't.
So it is possible to get at my price point of $40K for a Lariat? 23% off would put the truck I built solidly at $39K which would definitely let me pull the trigger.

What's my best avenue here...just email a few different dealers, tell them what I want and my budget and wait to hear back?
Old 06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

I would do a search on the pricing thread. Found lots of good information there and just bought a new XLT. Also search for the Private cash rebate. It is an additional $750 rebate you can get by signing up on the ford website. I got $5800 in rebates, but its probably going to be less on the Lariat.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The high rebates are on XLT's right now. I just purchashed a fully loaded XLT crew last week. booked at 49,800. picked it up for 41,600. rebates for the lariats where half of what i could get for the XLT and i didn't want the leather anyway. I would wait if your wanting the lariat.

Quick Reply: Buying a new F-150, need pricing guidance