Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumber vs Tree

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Bumber vs Tree

Only had my new (to me) truck for less than 2 months and already dinged it up. Got caught up in a snow bank on the side of one lane gavel road thru the woods and when trying to work myself out, I backed into a tree. Caught the corner of the bumper - bent the bumper into the body - so I now have a bent bumper and a little body damage behind the right rear wheel. Was only going a couple mph - surprised how flimsy these bumpers are.

Going to replace the bumper - but want to go aftermarket - something that will can withstand a minor impact. The problem is, I have an XTR - chrome package. I'm only finding black heavy duty bumpers. Anyone know of a heavy duty chrome plated aftermarket bumper? If not, how would the truck look with a chrome bumper in front and a black bumper in back (don't really want to replace both bumpers)?

Thanks - Adam.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:13 AM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

I'm not even sure why they are called bumpers. They are more like heavy-duty trim pieces. I've never seen a chrome aftermarket.
The following users liked this post:
javelina1 (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

You could replace the bumper and then use the Steelcraft EV03 bumper guard. The bumper guard is black though but looks ok and protects the oem bumper. I use them on fleet trucks that back into docks and such. Keeps me from replacing a lot of oem bumpers. Just a suggestion, when/if you replace your chrome bumper go with a rechrome instead of brand new. The rechrome bumpers have better chrome plating and carry a better warranty.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:43 PM
2018 XL Sport 4x4

Received 199 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by PARIAH
I'm not even sure why they are called bumpers. They are more like heavy-duty trim pieces. I've never seen a chrome aftermarket.
totally man! tru dat!
Old 03-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Thats sucks !
Share a pic of the damage....
Old 03-18-2018, 03:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyjockey
Only had my new (to me) truck for less than 2 months and already dinged it up. Got caught up in a snow bank on the side of one lane gavel road thru the woods and when trying to work myself out, I backed into a tree. Caught the corner of the bumper - bent the bumper into the body - so I now have a bent bumper and a little body damage behind the right rear wheel. Was only going a couple mph - surprised how flimsy these bumpers are.

Going to replace the bumper - but want to go aftermarket - something that will can withstand a minor impact. The problem is, I have an XTR - chrome package. I'm only finding black heavy duty bumpers. Anyone know of a heavy duty chrome plated aftermarket bumper? If not, how would the truck look with a chrome bumper in front and a black bumper in back (don't really want to replace both bumpers)?

Thanks - Adam.
whats a bumber

Quick Reply: Bumber vs Tree