Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxlink Load Bar - Help Requested

Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boxlink Load Bar - Help Requested

Help a truck owner out,

I have a 2017 F-150. I have been looking for a load bar for the bed. I dug around and I cannot find a simple load bar that fits in Boxlink.

Now let me be clear, I have an e-track aluminum load bar and, yes, it "fits" in the e-track compatible Boxlink plates but the fit is terrible. It wobbles and moves around, makes a bunch of clanking noises, etc.

I slapped some hose clamps around the plate to snug the bar against one side of the plate. It works but it is clearly a temporary solution.

Same deal with 2x4 e-track brackets and a 2x4. Sloppy sloppy fit - at the Boxlink plate.

Also, where did the 2x4 slots go in truck beds? Am I old or is that not a Ford thing? What? A snug fit 2x4 in those "old school" slots would work better than this load bar I have.

How is this the "best" we have for a simple load bar? Ford? Make a load bar? Charge $150 for it - if it works and just fits!

I am looking for a load bar that fits in the Boxlink and has very little play in it. Does it exist?

I guess I could modify the Boxlink cleats to hold a load bar but why do I have to do so much work for such a simple, and I assume common item. I read through all the threads on bike racks because I thought those racks might use load bars across the bed. A couple ideas are okay.

Looking for help.

Thanks in advance.

I am a new truck owner and relatively new to these forums so if I missed something obvious, take it easy on me, /please/.

i<3pedals
Attached Thumbnails Boxlink Load Bar - Help Requested-img-6120.jpg   Boxlink Load Bar - Help Requested-img-6121.jpg  
Old 01-25-2018, 11:46 PM

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

They make a e track mount for a 2x4, make your own.
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-27-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Madcap57
They make a e track mount for a 2x4, make your own.
https://www.amazon.com/Brackets-Fitt.../dp/B01CD6LEQ2
Thanks for the reply. I already have those; the brackets hold the 2x4 just fine. The fit problem is between the e-track end and Boxlink plate. It is very sloppy. This is true for all e-track ends. Anything that does not have tension flops around - 2x4 bracket and aluminum load bar - accessories with tension feel good - ratchet strap.

I am looking for a load bar or cargo bar that fits into Boxlink plates that specifically has Boxlink ends, just like the cleats that came with the truck. It clearly doesn't exist as an off the shelf product but maybe someone knows something that I cannot find on my own.

Thanks again and any help is appreciated.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by i<3pedals

where did the 2x4 slots go in truck beds? Am I old or is that not a Ford thing? What? A snug fit 2x4 in those "old school" slots would work better than this load bar I have.
My 2016 still has the lumber slots. I have a 2x8 in my bed. I have never seen any other box link accessories.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Duckkarl
My 2016 still has the lumber slots. I have a 2x8 in my bed. I have never seen any other box link accessories.
You are correct. I have lumber slots over the wheels and at the back of the bed. I was looking for a lumber slot at the front - basically where the front set of Boxlink plates are.

I remember a setup something like this:

One board in vertical toward the back
One board in horizontal over the wheels
One board in vertical toward the front

If you used 2x8 (? memory) boards it created a flat surface as wide as the entire bed of the truck.

It is that vertical front board slot that seems to be gone. Progress be damned!

Oh well. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for the help and keep any ideas coming my way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boxlink Load Bar - Help Requested