Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Jeans Metallic Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blue Jeans Metallic Issues?

Am considering ordering a 2016 with the Blue Jeans Metallic color. Can those of you who have experience with this color tell me any issues you have had? Does it show a lot of swirling and scratches? Does it look dirty easily? I know that black trucks can have issues with those things. I want to make sure whatever color I get doesn't have much issue with that. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 216 Likes on 145 Posts

It's a beautiful color. You can notice the dirt easily, not as bad as black. As for swirl marks, I don't have any yet. Bought my truck in October of 2015. But I guess mine sits in a garage all the time and doesn't get driven very often, as I have a van I use for work. I also keep it washed and waxed constantly, and am very carful to not scuff it. It's a dark color so I'm sure eventually it will get swirl marks and scuff marks easier than a light color
The following users liked this post:
bawill (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 AM

If you want a low maintenance color, go with white or silver. My last 3 trucks were white and my car is silver. Very easy to keep looking new
The following 2 users liked this post by ls2c6vette:
bawill (07-19-2016), SilvSurfer (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by bawill
Am considering ordering a 2016 with the Blue Jeans Metallic color. Can those of you who have experience with this color tell me any issues you have had? Does it show a lot of swirling and scratches? Does it look dirty easily? I know that black trucks can have issues with those things. I want to make sure whatever color I get doesn't have much issue with that. Thanks!

Only had mine 3 weeks. I hand wash only so have zero swirl marks... it will show dirt but not as bad as black...I have a good layer of wax on it and it holds up well between washes ...maybe others can chime in for car washes...
bawill (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mudder Fudder
Only had mine 3 weeks. I hand wash only so have zero swirl marks... it will show dirt but not as bad as black...I have a good layer of wax on it and it holds up well between washes ...maybe others can chime in for car washes...
I have mine waxed to death, so the touchless carwash does a pretty good job in between hand washes. But again, I don't really use my truck like most people do. It's a weekend driver
bawill (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 01:23 PM

Received 90 Likes on 32 Posts

Blue Jeans is a great color for the F150, so I'm going to try and keep it looking new. The paint has a lot of different personalities depending on what type of light is hitting it. Since it is a darker color, and I have owned two black and two dark red vehicles, I'm treating this color like it is black. It will show dirt, but not as bad as I expected (after a good rain for example). I put a paint sealant on the truck and I have waxed it a few times since I've owned it. Since it is a darker color, I do everything I can to avoid swirls during washing, drying, and detailing. I have to say, I haven't really noticed any, even in direct sunlight. It appears a little more forgiving than black (the detailer's final exam, as everyone knows) and looks fantastic after a wax or detail spray.

I say go for it and get yourself some new jeans. I was pretty certain I was going with black until I saw this color. No regrets.

The following 2 users liked this post by bluelariat22:
bawill (07-19-2016), ls2c6vette (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:02 PM

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

This is my second Blue Jeans, first was a 2013 KR SCrew. I like this one even more than the last one. I regularly take it through my local Mike's carwash and have wax on it and have only had to use products to take swirls from the black door pillar panels. The paint itself does show dirt but as stated not near as bad as black.

The color is something you won't regret.

bawill (07-19-2016)

Trending Topics

Old 07-19-2016, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone - thanks for the input! I ended up ordering a truck in the Magnetic colour today. As beautiful as the blue jeans colour is, I think the magnetic will be lower maintenance for my family.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:49 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by bawill
Hey everyone - thanks for the input! I ended up ordering a truck in the Magnetic colour today. As beautiful as the blue jeans colour is, I think the magnetic will be lower maintenance for my family.
Can't speak for fords magnetic...had a jeep in that color and it showed dust same as black..wasnt bad for swirl marks...just dust minutes after i washed it
Old 07-19-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

I love that color and wanted to order one, But can't get an XLT with the Sport options I wanted so I went with silver.

Quick Reply: Blue Jeans Metallic Issues?