Topic Sponsor
2015 - Present Ford F150 General discussion on the latest generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Cell Phone holder for the F150

Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
Lightbulb Best Cell Phone holder for the F150

Hey guys. 2017 F-150 here and wondering what the best cell phone holder is out there. I'd like something that mounts up higher so I can touch the phone and it won't move all over. Let me know price and where I can get it if you could please. Also the good and not so good about your particular cell phone holder. Pictures encouraged!

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Custom User Title

Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

Amazon Amazon

This is the one I have, I got it just before Christmas a couple months ago. I like it so far, It doesnt "fast charge" but it keeps up with all the use I put it through with no issues. I just set my phone on the prongs and it closes on the phone, and when i need to take it off i just push the side buttons and it opens up. The suction cup part works pretty well. Ive used it on the dashboard and it stayed for a couple weeks. I actually mount it in the center dash area now and have it above my Sync. I can take a pic of how I have it mounted if youd like.
It seemed the be the best place for me, I tried it up high on the windshield,but too much in the way, I had it in my explorer on the left side of the steering wheel and I didnt mind that.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:01 PM
Custom User Title

Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

this is what I do. I'm sure there are better spots. And much better mounts.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Liked 70 Times in 57 Posts

I have a magnetic mount in the right side lower corner of the left a/c vent and when my phone is there, the coin holder angles the phone toward me. It works pretty well.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Liked 129 Times in 98 Posts

I’m drawing a blank right now, but it’s the same company that makes the rear seat de-latching device... they make a bracket that attaches in the dash tray, and you can attach a standard ram mount to that bracket, that will set your phone just to the left and above your center screen.

In fact, I’ve been meaning to order one, so I’m going to look it up right now and order one.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 PM

Liked 70 Times in 57 Posts

Built Right Industries
Originally Posted by Wanna Ride View Post
Iím drawing a blank right now, but itís the same company that makes the rear seat de-latching device... they make a bracket that attaches in the dash tray, and you can attach a standard ram mount to that bracket, that will set your phone just to the left and above your center screen.

In fact, Iíve been meaning to order one, so Iím going to look it up right now and order one.
Yep. Built Right Industries

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-dash-mount-2015-ford-f-150
The following users liked this post: artsr2002
Mitch Da Re (04-13-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:24 PM

Liked 129 Times in 98 Posts

Originally Posted by artsr2002 View Post

Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

I like the Exogear CD slot mount. If you have a CD player and use it as little as I do. It works great, one hand mount/ dismount and itís down and out of the way. Got them for all my vehicles. $30 on Amazon.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:54 AM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Check out proclip USA for a custom mount for your truck. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 AM

Liked 516 Times in 427 Posts

Originally Posted by brent_G

this is what I do. I'm sure there are better spots. And much better mounts.
This is exactly what do with this mount:

Mpow Car Phone Mount,Washable Strong Sticky Gel Pad with One-Touch Design Dashboard Car Phone Holder for iPhone X/8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6s/6Plus/5S, Galaxy
Amazon Amazon

Very strong, great positioning for heads up navigation, does not move sound while driving! I personally believe this location is the best in the truck. The phone stay up high out of the way, doesn't block air vents, doesn't interfere with oem screen, is in an easy location to run a charging cord through the dash, super easy to attach. Just remove the rubber mat and function the mount onto the tray.
The following users liked this post: dhmcfadin
brent_G (02-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Cell Phone holder for the F150

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: