Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Rug Owners unite

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Rug Owners unite

Hello,
I just purchased an 18 Platinum EB 150 and have the spray in bedliner, but want to get a bed rug. whats your experiences as bed rug owners or potential owners opinions? I love the look and feel they give your bed. FYI I'm not going to be throwing rocks in the bed or anything.
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:34 AM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

So had a rug in a F150 work truck I was responsible for a while back. It was used to haul IT equipment around a plant, and while it reduced dents/dings on equipment and protected the bed, stuff slid around on it during panic stops...

I have a spray in liner in my current F150, and I have a rubber mat. I like it because it's easy on the knees climbing in/laying down in the summer etc. But keeps stuff in place and hoses off super easy....

Just my .02
Old 01-18-2018, 10:38 AM

did you like having the bed rug? I currently have the factory spray in bed liner but want to run the bed mat and get a Bakflip MX4
Old 01-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBlueBeast
I have a spray in liner in my current F150, and I have a rubber mat. I like it because it's easy on the knees climbing in/laying down in the summer etc. But keeps stuff in place and hoses off super easy....
Just my .02
I have the same setup, spray in premium Line-x and a rubber mat. It keeps things from sliding around and also easy on the knees. This combination works great for me.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:40 AM

It was nice, easier on the knees and such. We had a cap on the truck, and it was a steel mill so some of the equipment was dirty (meltshop dust) eventually the rug got pretty nasty/uncleanable. Dunno how it's holding up today, but if had it to do over again would have done a spray liner then rubber bed mat for that truck.

I like the rubber mat in the current truck.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:45 AM

Picture of the truck with the rug....

It was a wierdo - so figured I'd picture it here.... Ordered it as a leftover from Cali, it was like 3 maybe 4 years old when I bought it for work but brand new. It went from Ford to some specialty place, the "crew cabish" half box is a water proof/lockable tool chest on both sides. The cap was part of the package also, got a hell of a deal on it and had it shipped to KY.

Was in charge of IT at the mill, was a large campus, we had crap everywhere. And the van we had for years died, and the maint garage on site wanted us to get a F150 like all the other departments... so there it was....
Old 01-18-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by abond2014
Hello,
I just purchased an 18 Platinum EB 150 and have the spray in bedliner, but want to get a bed rug. whats your experiences as bed rug owners or potential owners opinions? I love the look and feel they give your bed. FYI I'm not going to be throwing rocks in the bed or anything.
Thanks!
I put one in my new truck this time. I have had spay in and plastic ones in the past. It all depends on your use of the bed. Each has pros and cons. The BedRug does let some things slide around, so securing anything you don't want moving is a good idea. I got a bed divider to solved that issue. And you wont' get the black scuff marks on your luggage with a bed rug, like you do with a spray in. The only issue I have with the BedRug is the Lights and Light Control button are not pre-cut and can be time consuming to get it perfect. I have hauled tree branches with mine,and it all washed up good as new with the hose.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the bed rug mat on a drop in bed liner. So far so good.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

I think it really depends, my father in law put a bed rug in his and likes it because he can take in out and transfer to a new truck fairly easily.....he also drives enough that he is usually in a truck 3-4 years before they are fairly high miles so usually gets into the same gen truck with same box etc.

I was skeptical but even after a number of years and he is not very careful lol it still looks in pretty good shape.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have used a bedrug in my trucks since 2004. I loved them....if you have a cover. It basically makes it a big trunk. I often would crawl back there if I arrived someplace early to lay down in the shade and read a book. If I get a cover for this truck, I will get a bedrug.

Note: I don't really use my truck to haul dirty stuff. I just transferred the rug to the new truck (as long as they fit).

Quick Reply: Bed Rug Owners unite