Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bed Liners

I'm looking at buying a new truck and I'm wondering what you guys think of the different bed liner options. First choice of course is spray in or drop in. then if you go with spray in what ones work and hold up the best. I've hear Rhino liner is softer, anyone have it tear on them? Ford offers the option to buy the bed with the spray on from the factory. That brings a couple of questions to my mind. Is the bed painted before they spray on the liner or is it still a painted bed with the liner sprayed on after like the after market? I'd like to hear the pluses and minuses for both routes. I have the drop in one in my current truck and though it's given me no issues, I just wonder what it's doing to the bed underneath it. I pretty much have two after market options I'm aware of, Rhino and linex. And of course the factory liners drop in or spray on. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same sort of boat as you. What to choose? Lots of options. I finally went line-x platinum. It was sprayed by a very reputable place. It is top notch. No regrets. I hauled multiple loads of stone and associated rubble, and have been in the bed with shovels removing the debris. I don't think it even shows a scratch. I'll go line-x platinum from here on out. The factory spray in doesn't appear to be nearly as strong. But, depending on your needs it may be fine.

Last edited by lcchamp; 04-22-2014 at 08:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Billlh (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

A spray in liner is the way to go. I had a drop in on an older truck and over time it will rub the paint off of the bed and unless you have a cover or top water can get trapped under the drop in and could cause the bed to rust (not a problem on the new 15). Plus it does trap a lot of dirt under it too. I have the factory spray in liner and it was sprayed over the paint. When my truck was built it was taken to another location to get the liner sprayed in. The factory liner is a hard material and seems to hold up very well. My atv ramps have not scratched it when sliding them across it and the texture does not let things slide around on it. I like it and I will get the factory spray in again on my new 15 when I order it next year.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

There's another option, but it depends entirely on personal preference and anticipated use of the bed. My truck beds never experience usage that would severely damage the interior; they carry luggage, plywood, small project materials, small appliances, furniture, etc. I also install hard tonneau covers and fitted rubber bed mats on my pickups. When I occasionally detail my trucks (annually or prior to sale), the condition of the bed floor is like new under the scrubbed/reconditioned rubber mat and a quick hose-out and polishing of the bed sidewalls completes the bed detailing. Voila! Buyers of my vehicles are always impressed with the appearance of the bed interiors.

Quick Reply: Bed Liners