Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having trouble getting dealers to perform TSB's??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone having trouble getting dealers to perform TSB's??

Just like the title says, has anyone had trouble getting their dealer to perform any of the TSB's??

I recently took my 2015 Lariat 5.0 in for an oil change and wanted to get the cooled seat backs looked at along with the driver side seat bottom. They said they would order the replacement parts for the seat backs and would call me in a few days to make another appointment but that was about three weeks ago now. When I asked about the TSB for the seat cushion they said it was not covered under warranty and basically sent me on my way. Should I go to another dealership or has anyone else had a similar issue?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:17 PM

Received 209 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Anyone having trouble getting dealers to perform TSB's??

Originally Posted by BlakeP
Just like the title says, has anyone had trouble getting their dealer to perform any of the TSB's??

I recently took my 2015 Lariat 5.0 in for an oil change and wanted to get the cooled seat backs looked at along with the driver side seat bottom. They said they would order the replacement parts for the seat backs and would call me in a few days to make another appointment but that was about three weeks ago now. When I asked about the TSB for the seat cushion they said it was not covered under warranty and basically sent me on my way. Should I go to another dealership or has anyone else had a similar issue?
Yes, I go to North Central Ford in Richardson, Tx and they are absolutely horrible about doing any warranty related service. They absolutely will try to do anything or say anything to deter you from having work done for recalls or TSB.

I asked them to do the transmission TSB and they told me that TSB is not covered under warranty. I told them that was bullsheet and then they said oh yes for a new truck it will but their transmission shop is backed up right now and will take a while to get an appointment.

Same thing for the heated/cooled seats. I asked them to do them and the guy again asked me it they were cooling properly! I was about to say "You think I would ask you to do it if it cooled properly you ***king ****?!?"

My mustang received the recall for the airbag and it's been 4 months since I got the notice. I've called and went up to them a few times during that time and got the same answer: [without even looking up the computer] oh it'll take a while for ford to get us the parts. We'll call you when it gets in.

Thing is....... They didn't even bother asking for my name let alone my number.

I know I'm in the system but I doubt they remember my name being that two of those four times I went up there I dealt with a different advisor.

DO NOT goto North Central Ford for anything!

I go to them because they are like 4 miles from me. The next closest dealership is like 15 miles away and not on the way home from work.

As soon as work slows down yeah I'm visiting another dealership.

Last edited by DallasTXF150; 12-03-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

A dealer is not under any obligation to perform a tsb. The tsb is merely an aid in troubleshooting.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found that they are not familiar with most of the TSB's. If I show up for service, warranty or otherwise, they are great. When I called and asked about the cooling seat problems, it took a week for them to research and 2 more weeks to get the parts. Then it took 3 weeks to get an "appointment".
Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was more pissed off when they told me that my seat bottom was not something they would cover under warranty when there is already a TSB out for it. I payed nearly 50k for my truck and purchased the extra extended warranty... If a simple TSB is not covered, what exactly did I pay for?
Old 12-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Master

Received 452 Likes on 254 Posts

I was more pissed off when they told me that my seat bottom was not something they would cover under warranty when there is already a TSB out for it. I payed nearly 50k for my truck and purchased the extra extended warranty... If a simple TSB is not covered, what exactly did I pay for?
You need to find another dealer.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 339 Likes on 191 Posts

The dealer I use has been great about TSB and warranty work. But with as many times as I've taken my truck in there I should probably just bring a sleeping bag and ask to use someone's office as a bedroom.

Trending Topics

Old 12-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Size Matters

Received 3,360 Likes on 1,698 Posts

That's because of Ford's GSB on seat covers
Old 12-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes had same thing, took truck in for first oil change, complained about the drivers seat bottom, was told no fault found at this time. Other members have had the TSB done, with little to no improvement on fit. I'll complain again next service.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Dealers hate doing warranty work because they get paid a fraction of what their standard rate profits them (as told to me by an Acura rep when I brought in my wife's MDX right before the warranty expired with a laundry list of items, he was unhappy but I didn't care).
The following users liked this post:
J-MAGA-1 (12-03-2015)

Quick Reply: Anyone having trouble getting dealers to perform TSB's??