Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any law for length of time in shop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Any law for length of time in shop?

Live in Texas and Ford has had my truck over a month. About to start missing out on camping trips. Are there any laws about how long a dealer can keep a vehicle when making repairs? I've been told for weeks now that my truck would be ready but each week they say next week and it's getting old.

Anything I can do legally?
Old 04-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,882 Posts

not really outside lemon law or buyback

usually 30 days
Old 04-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
not really outside lemon law or buyback

usually 30 days
So are you saying that since I'm outside of 30 days, I can request a buyback or pursue lemon laws?
Old 04-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,882 Posts

Originally Posted by waltheraustin
So are you saying that since I'm outside of 30 days, I can request a buyback or pursue lemon laws?
you can try, you have to check with your states lemon law guidelines, or call ford customer care and tell them you want a buy back
Old 04-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,504 Posts

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/cons...tion/lemon-law

4 attempts to repair an issue before 2 years/24K miles, and the problem still exists... or
2 attempts to repair a safety issue preventing normal vehicle operation or causing a substantial risk of fire and explosion before 2/24, and the problem still exists... or
30 days out of service before 2/24, problem still exists.

You would prefer to go through Ford's buyback problem, versus going lemon law... the latter gets into lawyer territory.

Call Ford Corporate, open a case, tell them you want a buyback. I bet the truck suddenly gets done.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
you can try, you have to check with your states lemon law guidelines, or call ford customer care and tell them you want a buy back
Ok, thanks! Might just do that. This is getting ridiculous. I've owned many diff manufacturers and this is my first and probably last Ford. I didn't buy a truck for it to stay in the shop.

Friends and family are definitely going to stay away from Ford from here on out as well.

Missing camping trips is where I am starting to lose it.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I hope you don't lose faith in all fords. There are many here that are very satisfied with there vehicles.Did they provide you with a loaner?
Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tvsjr
https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/cons...tion/lemon-law

4 attempts to repair an issue before 2 years/24K miles, and the problem still exists... or
2 attempts to repair a safety issue preventing normal vehicle operation or causing a substantial risk of fire and explosion before 2/24, and the problem still exists... or
30 days out of service before 2/24, problem still exists.

You would prefer to go through Ford's buyback problem, versus going lemon law... the latter gets into lawyer territory.

Call Ford Corporate, open a case, tell them you want a buyback. I bet the truck suddenly gets done.
What's the difference in the ford buyback program and the lemon law? I thought the buyback program goes through the lemon law.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Cdan24
What's the difference in the ford buyback program and the lemon law? I thought the buyback program goes through the lemon law.
Nope. Ford's buyback program is their internal stuff. Lemon Law is a legal option afforded to you (which varies state to state) in the event the manufacturer doesn't want to play ball. In the latter case, you can ultimately turn it in to a legal battle if that's what it comes to.
The following users liked this post:
Cdan24 (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by pjazz
I hope you don't lose faith in all fords. There are many here that are very satisfied with there vehicles.Did they provide you with a loaner?
Yes, i have a focus which gets me to work but when it comes to why I bought a truck, I ....

They called and will let me borrow a tundra

Quick Reply: Any law for length of time in shop?