Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Advice) from Ford ripping my truck apart

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default UPDATED (Advice) from Ford ripping my truck apart

So I had an issue with my truck. Radio buttons and heat and heat buttons weren’t working. They gutted my dash out. Both my front seats. Center console. They found a wiring hardness was chewed into from a mouse squirrel some animal. The damage of the wiring hardness was right under the hood. Too right. You can reach it and see it. They told me they had to gut it all out to test invidual wires and followed the wires that had no power or partial. So I’m just speechless on what to do. My insurance company is paying for the wiring hardness and labor. Do I stay calm and let them handle it all. I just don’t see all that getting put back correctly. There’s so many bolts and parts in my back seat from it all. Sorry for long paragraph.

UPDATE:

got the truck back. Big cut on top of the dash. Marks under steering wheel. Seat cushion not on correctly. Parking brake doesn’t work. Light doesn’t come on when I use it. Heat blows out and after 5-10 min. Blows out more. Right next to my wire that got replaced. There is another wire that has chewing through it and has a wiring hanging by a thread. That’s all I have noticed for last 2 days. Going up there today to talk to manager. Truck will never be the same. Thank you FORD.

Last edited by Kornfrk2727; 02-18-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Kornfrk2727
So I had an issue with my truck. Radio buttons and heat and heat buttons weren’t working. They gutted my dash out. Both my front seats. Center console. They found a wiring hardness was chewed into from a mouse squirrel some animal. The damage of the wiring hardness was right under the hood. Too right. You can reach it and see it. They told me they had to gut it all out to test invidual wires and followed the wires that had no power or partial. So I’m just speechless on what to do. My insurance company is paying for the wiring hardness and labor. Do I stay calm and let them handle it all. I just don’t see all that getting put back correctly. There’s so many bolts and parts in my back seat from it all. Sorry for long paragraph.
stay calm and let them handle it, if there is any issues then address it then
Old 02-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Last edited by Kornfrk2727; 02-11-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

That sucks, I hope everything goes back in the right way.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:50 PM

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

Kind of the downside of newer vehicles. Wire insulation is now made out of some plant based substance and is tasty and sweet to some critters. I have heard of this many times in the past 5+ years. Let it go, don't dwell on it. They will handle it. It's what they and why you have insurance, so that you don't have to worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
tdog02 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by djfllmn
stay calm and let them handle it, if there is any issues then address it then
Yep, why worry about something that hasn't happened yet?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

It’s easy to say after the fact that it’s right there and easy to see but without being led there by trouble shooting it’s a crap shoot. They tore everything apart because they start at step one and work their way through the diagnostic tree. It was all the prior steps that led them to the engine compartment. Let them do it, no one will be better to put it back together than the person(s) that took it apart. Unfortunately there’s probably a 50\50 chance something is not right afterwards weather it’s big or small and you may have to go back but in the end they should get it right.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zman457
Yep, why worry about something that hasn't happened yet?
how wouldn’t you worry about this lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by robbieg
It’s easy to say after the fact that it’s right there and easy to see but without being led there by trouble shooting it’s a crap shoot. They tore everything apart because they start at step one and work their way through the diagnostic tree. It was all the prior steps that led them to the engine compartment. Let them do it, no one will be better to put it back together than the person(s) that took it apart. Unfortunately there’s probably a 50\50 chance something is not right afterwards weather it’s big or small and you may have to go back but in the end they should get it right.
Yea I guess best thing to do is see what’s happens when it’s all done.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by aliass24
That sucks, I hope everything goes back in the right way.
It sucks and all know it will not go back together like it was. some pieces just don't fit the same after torn
apart whether its the truck or something around the house. There will be scratches where some force or
parts hitting, or just the tech trying to work. that was a major rip apart. You can be sure rattles
will be noted

Quick Reply: (Advice) from Ford ripping my truck apart