Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Adaptive cruise control

Hey there everyone. I picked up my lariat yesterday. It has stop and go cruise control but when I turn it on and click set nothing happens. If I change the driver settings to normal cruise control it will work normal but on adaptive it never sets the speed.

It just leaves everything grayed out (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails Adaptive cruise control-fea67ed4-4f1d-4b66-ae43-4532f617e0a2.jpeg  
Old 12-25-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Merry Christmas this is probably pebkac but to set the radar cruise make sure adaptive cruise is set in the instrument cluster screen, accelerate to the speed you want, press cruise and then press "set". After that you can adjust the speed with the up and down buttons in the steering wheel. If this doesn't work warranty claim time.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I don't know the answer as my truck (2015) doesn't have the eco mode. Wondering if that's the issue? Manual any help?
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the instrument panel display:

Settings: Cruise Control: use up arrow and "OK" to change "Normal" to "Adaptive."
Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by mneblett

Settings: Cruise Control: use up arrow and "OK" to change "Normal" to "Adaptive."
From his post I think he's selecting it properly... works when he changes it to regular cruise.... just not when set to ACC.

If I'm reading his post correctly.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wade88
Merry Christmas this is probably pebkac but to set the radar cruise make sure adaptive cruise is set in the instrument cluster screen, accelerate to the speed you want, press cruise and then press "set". After that you can adjust the speed with the up and down buttons in the steering wheel. If this doesn't work warranty claim time.
I know how to set cruise control. It isn’t working.

Originally Posted by idrive
I don't know the answer as my truck (2015) doesn't have the eco mode. Wondering if that's the issue? Manual any help?
Great idea. I’ll try and report back but I don’t think it’s the problem.

Originally Posted by mneblett

Originally Posted by idrive
From his post I think he's selecting it properly... works when he changes it to regular cruise.... just not when set to ACC.

If I'm reading his post correctly.
Yes sir I’m setting cruise control correctly. When in normal it works but when setting changed back to adaptive and I turn cruise control “on” the distance selector comes up, I hit “set” and the cruise control doesn’t hold any speed as if I didn’t hit set at all. I wonder if there’s a camera or sensor that’s dirty or something.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue with my 2018. Took to dealer and told them it wasn't working. Left it there all day. They called and said there was nothing wrong with it. I brought it home from dealer...wouldn't work. Went back the next morning and told them it didn't work. Service Manager called tech who worked on it the day before. He came and we went for a drive with him driving. It work as it was supposed to. I left dealer and I couldn't get it to work. I drove home and parked in the driveway. In my mind I re-created the steps from the service tech. The only thing he did that I didn't do was fasten his seat belt. I got back in the truck, hooked up seat belt and it works like a champ.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Tommy

Received 4,265 Likes on 2,183 Posts

So the seat belt has to be on for yours to work?
Old 12-26-2017, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by thebrink
I had the same issue with my 2018. Took to dealer and told them it wasn't working. Left it there all day. They called and said there was nothing wrong with it. I brought it home from dealer...wouldn't work. Went back the next morning and told them it didn't work. Service Manager called tech who worked on it the day before. He came and we went for a drive with him driving. It work as it was supposed to. I left dealer and I couldn't get it to work. I drove home and parked in the driveway. In my mind I re-created the steps from the service tech. The only thing he did that I didn't do was fasten his seat belt. I got back in the truck, hooked up seat belt and it works like a champ.
just checked the 2017, same thing. No seatbelt, no adaptive cruise
Old 12-27-2017, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Standard Cruise Control - No Drivers Seat Belt Required.
Adaptive Cruise Control - Drivers Set Belt Required.

Quick Reply: Adaptive cruise control