Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual Part # for seat insert? XLT vs Lariat & bench vs buckets

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Actual Part # for seat insert? XLT vs Lariat & bench vs buckets

Ive been looking but cant find anything. In short my question is this:

1) Does anyone know if the seats are different between the XLT and Lariat and up seats? Like the actual seat foam/cushion itself.

2) Is there an actual difference in the seat on the bucket vs bench model? At least the driver side seat, is the actual insert different?

I'm trying to figure out if any of these scenarios are better/worse/different:

1) I buy a new truck that has leather bucket seats.

2) I source some buckets and console from a wrecked 15+ and swap them into my XLT with bench.

3) I add leather to my existing seats. Some people say it makes the seat feel 'better' in terms of the actual cushion, but I'm not sure I buy that (thus the question on part #'s)

For anyone wondering, my bench seat XLT is incredibly uncomfortable to me. Specifically on my right knee, something I've never experienced before. I test drove some bucket lariats, its at least 50% better. And thats without really messing with the seat. I cant figure out what the actual difference is, maybe it is the cloth vs leather but I dont know.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:44 PM

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

For your comfort's sake, I'd say go with Option #2 - get the buckets and console. This is if you don't want to take the financial hit of buying a whole new truck. They shouldn't be too hard to source with so many 2015, 2016 and 2017 trucks out there. Should cost way less than swapping trucks.

Good luck!

-John
Old 08-30-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

That's the way I am leaning... slightly concerned that the electrical connectors may be different though since the lariat will likely have heat/air/memory and I only have heat.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had Katzkin installed in my XLT Sport. The seats are absolutely softer and more coushy than before. Just as comfortable as the seats in my 16 platinum I traded in.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Small Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I've noticed the leather seat foam feels harder, but I think it's because the leather doesn't stretch like the cloth.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by rzpalm
I just had Katzkin installed in my XLT Sport. The seats are absolutely softer and more coushy than before. Just as comfortable as the seats in my 16 platinum I traded in.
Completely off-topic, but why did you go from a Platinum to an XLT?

No judgement, I love all F-150s, just curious. I have been tempted to go from the Lariat I have to an XLT, just can't quite give up all the creature comforts I've become accustomed to.

-John
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer15
That's the way I am leaning... slightly concerned that the electrical connectors may be different though since the lariat will likely have heat/air/memory and I only have heat.
Of course they'll be different, but I'm pretty sure someone on this forum has done the swap and can guide you through it (or they've already written it up as a guide).

-John