Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the ACC problem fixed for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Is the ACC problem fixed for 2016

My adaptive cruise worked great until i let ford do the update on it. Now it's got the problem. Thanks ford for screwing up my truck. I was wondering if the problem is taken care of for 2016. Getting ready to go on a 1200 mile trip, think i'll run a dash cam. Dealer contacted ford 2 weeks ago and had no response yet.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Received 143 Likes on 75 Posts

Fwiw. I bet they never called ford. Manufacturers take things very serious and typically get back to a dealer in 24 hours or less. If it's truly a problem that's dangerous I would contact ford customer service and at least figure out how to have it temporarily disabled so someone other than you that is driving the vehicle does not have an accident.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Knock on wood, but on the 2-3 100+ mile trips I've been on, mine has been trouble free and appears to be working very well. Not sure I've hit all of the environmental factors others have reported, but no complaints so far. I'm driving a 2016 Platinum.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I contacted ford yesterday but have not had a response yet. One time it braked really hard when i was beside a truck, another time it braked mildley. I'm just really mad cause i told the service rep[this better not screw up my truck]. He laughed and said of course it won't. I reminded him what he said and told him i wasn't laughing.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 2016 Model & No, ACC Problem isn't fixed

2016 Supercrew Lariat with ACC - and NO THE PROBLEM ISN"T FIXED as its occurred 4 times in the last week for me.

All four occasions were dead straight freeway, no steering input, nothing unusual, no bridges, safety barriers etc. We were driving in left lane of a two lane freeway, approaching to pass a large vehicle (semi-truck in two cases, empty car transporter in the other two) in right lane, when suddenly the collision warning lights up and the truck applied heavy braking. Scary In one instance we were lucky to avoid being rear ended by the car behind us.

Ford have a recall for the 2015 model but its clear to me that this problem isn't fixed and continues to current 2016 model - my truck is a 2016 model built in Nov 2015. The dealer says software is up to date, system is functioning normally and Ford tells them this is "normal characteristic" of the system, implying I must have been on a curve or the other vehicle was drifting into my lane etc. BS, none of this applied. So, now I have a $1,250 option that is unsafe to to use. Truck is great otherwise but this is unfortunate - wish Ford would be more forthcoming and acknowledge the issue and work to fix it. At this point I guess I just report to NHTSA and hope Ford gets on it / original recall gets expanded to cover 2016 models?

Quick Reply: Is the ACC problem fixed for 2016