Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$400 deductible if sched. maint. NOT done by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default $400 deductible if sched. maint. NOT done by dealership

Warranty. "Zero deductible is offered when all scheduled maintenance is performed at this dealership, OR $400 per visit."
This is what the Ford dealership in my area is demanding. A form must be signed.
Is this unusual? I would like to be able to do my own maintenance (oil changes etc.).
Old 05-18-2016, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of this. Check the warranty terms -- that's a contract. If it isn't in there warranty terms, they can't charge you (and that's not in the warranty).
Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Warranty. "Zero deductible is offered when all scheduled maintenance is performed at this dealership, OR $400 per visit."
Please explain. Zero deductible for what?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a separate page. The header states "Lifetime Limited Warranty" all internal lubricated parts of the powertrain.
My guess is this does not apply to the FORD warranty that the dealership must honor?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

A lot of dealerships are offering these "lifetime warranties." It might be a clause rider for such a warranty. Surely you can waive the lifetime warranty option and perform your own maintenance. I think those lifetime warranties are all dealer business (not Ford) so they may require it. I've never heard of this, but it's interesting.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Rupert
It's a separate page. The header states "Lifetime Limited Warranty" all internal lubricated parts of the powertrain.
My guess is this does not apply to the FORD warranty that the dealership must honor?
It sounds like one of those scam "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" claims going around dealerships now. Essentially, the selling dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty if you have all scheduled service and repairs conducted at their dealership in and out of warranty. It probably has a disclaimer somewhere stating that service at another Ford dealer or independent ASE certified shop requires preauthorization. Many times the oil change interval is shorter than the factory interval too.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

And what happens if you move out of state? Does the warranty dealership pay the servicing dealership. I would rather buy the Ziegler warranty, which I have done. May not be lifetime, but 125,000 miles and 8 years should pretty much cover it. And would probably be cheaper as well. Check it out before you sign anything.

Trending Topics

Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 AM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
And what happens if you move out of state? Does the warranty dealership pay the servicing dealership. I would rather buy the Ziegler warranty, which I have done. May not be lifetime, but 125,000 miles and 8 years should pretty much cover it. And would probably be cheaper as well. Check it out before you sign anything.
My "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" on my last truck was a 3rd party warranty offered by the dealer at no cost. It mimicked the factory warranty per the dealer's advertising, but had so many restrictions and limitations that I doubt anyone could every successfully file a claim (excluded gaskets and seals, oil change was every 6 months or 6000 miles when the GM interval was not to exceed 1 year or 10,000 miles using an oil life monitor). Any work done outside the dealership had to be preauthorized to include other GM dealerships, so if you move out of state everything is preauthorization. I assume the OPS paperwork is very similar.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:54 PM

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

snake oyl
Old 05-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't know about other dealers but the lifetime power train warranty offered by my dealer has no stipulations of where the regular maintenance has to be performed at as long as I keep records. The repairs can also be done at a different dealer if I'm out of state on vacation for example. This along with the aluminum body are the two major reasons I switched from a Silverado to the F150 when Mr. Deer jumped in front of my 2003 Silverado in Dec.

BKVic
The following users liked this post:
Rexey (05-19-2016)

Quick Reply: $400 deductible if sched. maint. NOT done by dealership