Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 IPMB Firmware Flash

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 360 IPMB Firmware Flash

I just bought and installed a Sync 3 upgrade kit courtesy of 4D Tech. Super easy job and everything was supplied and arrived pre programmed. My issue now is that anytime the 360 cameras engage, there is an annoying static line at the top of the screen, regardless of camera view. When I called 4D Tech they said that it’s a bad firmware version in my IPMB, but of course the dealers around me don’t know how to flash firmware let alone what firmware is. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Is it even possible? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:25 AM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

I just had this exact conversation with Livnitup. There is a version of Forscan that will allow firmware flashing. We could try flashing the 2015 module with 2016 up firmware but there is no guarantee that it would work or that it would not brick the IPMB. The other option is to get a 2016 up module and that has been said to work by others who have changed it out but it would need to be calibrated by the dealer unless you got a used unit you shouldn’t be forced to do the calibration. I am not sure if the line will bother me enough to be the guinea pig.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, brother. This forum has given me a lot and I’ve not given anything of value back, so I’m happy to be the guinea pig and worst case scenario, I’ll buy a new IPMB. Any chance you can point me in the right direction for the FORScan version that can do the firmware squirt? @livinitup?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:47 PM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by robbieg
I just had this exact conversation with Livnitup. There is a version of Forscan that will allow firmware flashing. We could try flashing the 2015 module with 2016 up firmware but there is no guarantee that it would work or that it would not brick the IPMB. The other option is to get a 2016 up module and that has been said to work by others who have changed it out but it would need to be calibrated by the dealer unless you got a used unit you shouldn’t be forced to do the calibration. I am not sure if the line will bother me enough to be the guinea pig.
Wont work, I tried it with a 2015 unit. You have to get one off a 2016, but since you're getting one off a 2016, it'll have the correct calibration, so no need to flash it.
The following users liked this post:
robbieg (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by PopsActual
Thanks, brother. This forum has given me a lot and I’ve not given anything of value back, so I’m happy to be the guinea pig and worst case scenario, I’ll buy a new IPMB. Any chance you can point me in the right direction for the FORScan version that can do the firmware squirt? @livinitup?
You can PM Livnitup here, he is a wealth of knowledge and always helpful. However it looks like Tex just answered the question of flashing and it looks like a non starter. He is also a great source for info on the subject as well.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Did you ever get this figured out and fixed?
[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: 360 IPMB Firmware Flash