Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.5 Ecoboost setting off Smoke Detector

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5 Ecoboost setting off Smoke Detector

My 2015 F-150 KR is setting off the smoke detector in my garage when I remote start it in the morning. It has previously done this 2 times in the last week. The garage is 3 bays wide and I always have 2 of the garage doors open when I remote start it. The truck is in a he middle bay. I have started my previous truck in this same manner for 7 years, and never set the smoke detectors off. Previous truck was a 2008 F-150 Harley-Davidson AWD SCREW with long tube headers and high flow cats. There is no distinguishable smoke lingering in the garage after the detectors go off. No gaseous fumes either. It's a PITA because all the detectors in the house are wired together and go off simultaneously! Anyone else having this problem? My truck has a little over 2500 miles on it.
Thanks in advance for any input!
-Satch
Old 01-04-2016, 08:47 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

It's not smoke. It's most likely carbon monoxide that the sensor is detecting.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b1collins5
It's not smoke. It's most likely carbon monoxide that the sensor is detecting.
That could be, but I find it hard to believe that my previous truck never set them off, and the exhaust on that would make your eyes water when hooking up a trailer. The temperature is getting quite a bit colder than it was last week... that probably is a factor as well. Thanks for the input.
-Satch
Old 01-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by _Satch_
That could be, but I find it hard to believe that my previous truck never set them off, and the exhaust on that would make your eyes water when hooking up a trailer. The temperature is getting quite a bit colder than it was last week... that probably is a factor as well. Thanks for the input. -Satch
No problem. That's the only thing I can think of.

Quick Reply: 3.5 Ecoboost setting off Smoke Detector