Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 F150 Loud Whistle When Accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 F150 Loud Whistle When Accelerating

Hello All!

I am new to this forum and have a 2020 Ford STX. This is my first F150 and since I bought it about a year ago it has had this loud whistling noise whenever the gas pedal is pressed. It doesn't really matter what speed or RPMs, the instant I even lightly touch the gas pedal I can hear the whistling. It is admittedly harder to hear at high RPMs and I feel like it seems to decrease in volume or go away if you really give it a lot of gas when accelerating faster.

I just put a cold air intake on and everything seemed to go well with that install, but now the whistling noise is twice as loud! It only occurs when I touch the gas pedal. I'm assuming that this may be related to a vacuum line or something similar since it has increased with the new cold intake...but thought I would ask here in case anyone has any advice on troubleshooting this issue and getting it fixed!
Old 04-28-2024, 05:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It's the 3.5 Ecoboost, so what you are hearing are the dual turbo's. An intake will make it louder No issue!
Old 04-28-2024, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by S2kstephen
It's the 3.5 Ecoboost, so what you are hearing are the dual turbo's. An intake will make it louder No issue!
It's a 5.0 V8. No turbo. I've read on other threads about the 3.5 turbos making a whistling noise but nothing for the 5.0.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ah, well I stand corrected then...I'll leave it to a professional.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by S2kstephen
Ah, well I stand corrected then...I'll leave it to a professional.
It was a good thought! I probably should have included that it was a 5.0 in my initial post. Appreciate the thought/suggestion.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by VermontFordGuy
Hello All!

I am new to this forum and have a 2020 Ford STX. This is my first F150 and since I bought it about a year ago it has had this loud whistling noise whenever the gas pedal is pressed. It doesn't really matter what speed or RPMs, the instant I even lightly touch the gas pedal I can hear the whistling. It is admittedly harder to hear at high RPMs and I feel like it seems to decrease in volume or go away if you really give it a lot of gas when accelerating faster.

I just put a cold air intake on and everything seemed to go well with that install, but now the whistling noise is twice as loud! It only occurs when I touch the gas pedal. I'm assuming that this may be related to a vacuum line or something similar since it has increased with the new cold intake...but thought I would ask here in case anyone has any advice on troubleshooting this issue and getting it fixed!
maybe you have a hidden supercharger. Lol
Old 05-05-2024, 10:30 PM
Ford Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Transmission? The 10R80 whines, perhaps that’s your whistling noise? It’s noticeable at lower speeds and tends to dissipate when you get going.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Miller (05-05-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 09:19 AM
TPMS Magician

Received 6,582 Likes on 3,041 Posts

Originally Posted by VermontFordGuy
It's a 5.0 V8. No turbo. I've read on other threads about the 3.5 turbos making a whistling noise but nothing for the 5.0.
they installed a whistle to distract you from the sluggishness of the V8.

Its normal from what ive read, if you do a search there are quite a few posts about it.

Quick Reply: 2020 F150 Loud Whistle When Accelerating