Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 KR - Cruise control buttons backwards

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 08:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2019 KR - Cruise control buttons backwards

Hey Guys,

Not sure when they made the change but on my 15 XLT the Cruise on/off is on the bottom left and the cancel button is on the bottom right.
On my 19 KR - Cancel is on bottom left and On/off is bottom right.

I know...... small issue, and first world problem, but this bugs the living hell outta me. I'm constantly hitting the wrong button.

Is there a way i can swap the buttons?

I'm no noob when it comes to vehicle modifications, just need to get pointed in the right starting direction.

thanks
Old 09-30-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Canon102
Hey Guys,

Not sure when they made the change but on my 15 XLT the Cruise on/off is on the bottom left and the cancel button is on the bottom right.
On my 19 KR - Cancel is on bottom left and On/off is bottom right.

I know...... small issue, and first world problem, but this bugs the living hell outta me. I'm constantly hitting the wrong button.

Is there a way i can swap the buttons?

I'm no noob when it comes to vehicle modifications, just need to get pointed in the right starting direction.

thanks
Does your KR have Adaptive cruise control? If so, you're stuck with the switch you have.

If you just have regular cruise control, and Ford just changed the part, you can try and swap the switch with the old style one, and make forscan changes. I can't guarantee it will work, but the switch only costs about $50. You can buy it on ebay, and if it doesnt work you can return it.

That being said, you might just have to get used to it.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kbexperience
Does your KR have Adaptive cruise control? If so, you're stuck with the switch you have.

If you just have regular cruise control, and Ford just changed the part, you can try and swap the switch with the old style one, and make forscan changes. I can't guarantee it will work, but the switch only costs about $50. You can buy it on ebay, and if it doesnt work you can return it.

That being said, you might just have to get used to it.

Yeah I got the ACC.

Since they are both just momentary switches. I was contemplating finding the wiring diagram and swapping the pins at the connector to see if it would work.

Then I'd just deal with the fact that the bottons would be labelled wrong. Since I'm the only one who drives the truck it wouldn't be that big of deal.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Yeah I got the ACC.

Since they are both just momentary switches. I was contemplating finding the wiring diagram and swapping the pins at the connector to see if it would work.

Then I'd just deal with the fact that the bottons would be labelled wrong. Since I'm the only one who drives the truck it wouldn't be that big of deal.
It's possible, but it might not work. If you could get that to work, you could buy the regular cruise switch and take it apart, and see how it works. You could then possibly make the changes to your switch, and swap the buttons over from the regular style switch.

That being said, it will be a lot of trial and error, but you could probably pull it off!
Old 09-30-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kbexperience
It's possible, but it might not work. If you could get that to work, you could buy the regular cruise switch and take it apart, and see how it works. You could then possibly make the changes to your switch, and swap the buttons over from the regular style switch.

That being said, it will be a lot of trial and error, but you could probably pull it off!

So youre saying buy the other switch and swap the buttons so the legends are correct.

Never thought of that.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

I hear you. When I swapped my 16 lariat for my 19 platty PS - both with ACC - I couldn’t work out how the ACC kept switching off till I checked and realized the buttons had changed so when I thought I was hitting resume I was actually hitting cancel....
Old 09-30-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Scotsskier
I hear you. When I swapped my 16 lariat for my 19 platty PS - both with ACC - I couldn’t work out how the ACC kept switching off till I checked and realized the buttons had changed so when I thought I was hitting resume I was actually hitting cancel....

It's soo annoying when you're so used to it.

It's literally muscle memory when I turn on my cruise.

Which is constantly
Old 09-30-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

Yeah I got the ACC.

FYI these are not simple momentary on off switches. There is not a separate wire for every button. They share wires and each button sends a different resistance (kind of like a signature) to the module and this is how the module knows what button is pressed.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:09 AM

Crap.......so what you're saying is there is no way to swap them......

Damn, hopes shot down in flames......lol
Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

Crap.......so what you're saying is there is no way to swap them......

Damn, hopes shot down in flames......lol
Do you have access to Forscan? Some programming changes can be made to the buttons with it.

Quick Reply: 2019 KR - Cruise control buttons backwards