Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 F150 3.5 Rough Idel

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 F150 3.5 Rough Idel

I have a 2019 F150 3.5L with 89K miles. I have the cam phaser rattle really bad and on the list to have replaced. A month ago I started getting a rough idle when I came to a stop light. I could put it in neutral and it would go away but when I shift back into drive it would come back. Then about two weeks ago it developed a long start issue. Once or twice a day it would take 8-10 seconds for the truck to start. Then one day driving home it finally threw a code P00C6. Took it to my dealer and they said it was the high pressure fuel pump and my plugs and boots needed replaced. They replaced the HPFP under my extended warranty and I replaced the plugs myself with stock Motorcraft. Both issues improved but didn't fix it, still doing the same thing just not as bad. But now I also gained a couple more issues. Now my temp is getting up to 225 for a while then drops down to 219 then back up to 225. And when coming to a stop light I hear what I describe as plastic gears striping noise from the top end passenger side motor. So its back in the shop now but they are saying they cannot find anything other then the cam phaser rattle but are concerned with the high temp. I know Ford says the rattle does not cause any problems, but could mine be so bad they are causing these issues? Or what else could be going on to cause all these issues? Thanks.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2019 3.5l eco also with about 89k miles on it. Had the cam phaser issue done at 69k. I experience the rough idle occasionally but I also am waiting for my sparks and coils to come in so I can do the tune up.

I know these ecoboost engines can get pretty nasty since they burn everything through the engine. If the tune up and fuel pump didn’t fix it then I would look into it maybe being some bad gasoline or maybe make sure your air intake is unrestricted (filter or intake manifold).

Quick Reply: 2019 F150 3.5 Rough Idel