Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Morimoto headlight adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Old Fart

Received 297 Likes on 222 Posts

Default 2018 Morimoto headlight adjustment

Anybody with a 2018 and Morimoto headlights care to share how easy/difficult it is to adjust the light beam? Waiting for mine to arrive and have heard that you need to adjust all four bulbs individually. Rather hear it from someone with actual experience.

TY
Old 04-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
Anybody with a 2018 and Morimoto headlights care to share how easy/difficult it is to adjust the light beam? Waiting for mine to arrive and have heard that you need to adjust all four bulbs individually. Rather hear it from someone with actual experience.

TY
thats correct and it’s not bad. I would use some painters tape and mark your current headlights on a wall. That way you have something to compare. Adjust the new morimoto’s to the tape before you bolt everything back up.

Dont bolt everythint back up and then try to adjust the headlights .
Old 04-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Old Fart

Originally Posted by Tpballs
thats correct and it’s not bad. I would use some painters tape and mark your current headlights on a wall. That way you have something to compare. Adjust the new morimoto’s to the tape before you bolt everything back up.

Dont bolt everythint back up and then try to adjust the headlights .
Not sure that my headlights are correct, although they should be in the ball park. Assuming that they aren't you have to half install everything, then wait for night to do the adjustments. I don't have a level drive way so I need to go find a building with a level parking lot where I can make the adjustments.
Also since the low and high are separate adjustments where do you aim the highs at, above your low beam mark? I assume the left to right adjustments are made based on the centers of your OEM lamps. Driver side pointed slightly right and the passenger straight ahead.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Old Fart

Posting this question again as I am going to be installing the Morimotos in the next two hours.

Since the low and high are separate adjustments where do you aim the highs at, above your low beam mark? Or should you just aim them at the same point as the lows.

I have put tape marks on my garage door as a starting aiming point for the lows using my current lights.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by remltr
Posting this question again as I am going to be installing the Morimotos in the next two hours.

Since the low and high are separate adjustments where do you aim the highs at, above your low beam mark? Or should you just aim them at the same point as the lows.

I have put tape marks on my garage door as a starting aiming point for the lows using my current lights.

Why don't you just turn on your stock highs, and tape them too. And make your morimoto high beams match those?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Old Fart

Originally Posted by jalcon
Why don't you just turn on your stock highs, and tape them too. And make your morimoto high beams match those?
Well because that would make to much sense.

Doesn't matter now anyway. The vendor sent me the wrong lamps. I need LED and they sent the halogen replacement. Have to wait another week.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Old Fart

Got the Morimoto XB's installed. Just the low beam on the driver side looked like it needed adjustment. I tried to adjust it but it did not move either up or down, so good that it was only needing a tweak.

Trending Topics

Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine would only adjust up/down on the low beam adjuster located at the top. The others I accessed through the wheel liner and neither did anything. I contacted TRS who told me I probably adjusted them too aggressively. I didnt seeing as I could barely fit a socket and 1/4" drive in the space. I've read others having adjustment issues as well.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:48 AM
Old Fart

Originally Posted by TeXLT
Mine would only adjust up/down on the low beam adjuster located at the top. The others I accessed through the wheel liner and neither did anything. I contacted TRS who told me I probably adjusted them too aggressively. I didnt seeing as I could barely fit a socket and 1/4" drive in the space. I've read others having adjustment issues as well.
Yours is the first I am hearing of difficulty in adjusting other than myself.

I took the truck out last night and as I was a about 3 feet from the garage door when I started the truck I saw a different pattern than during the day when I did the install. Driver side low beam usable, passenger side a couple inches below the driver side.

I am going to have to attempt an adjustment through the wheel well.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Might want to double check but I believe LED/HID needs be 25 feet away from a wall. On my 17 XBs the low beam adjuster was on the bottom of the headlight and high beam was on top and another adjuster on the inside for in & out.

Quick Reply: 2018 Morimoto headlight adjustment