Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Information Display

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2018 Information Display

Just picked up my 2018 Lariat this past week and have a question concerning the information display. I have searched thru the owners manual and cannot find the answer. When I start the engine the towing information screen for one of my trailers is displayed first. No trailer is attached. I would like to change this to the digital speedometer (this is what was displayed on my 2015 Lariat). Any ideas ? Also, the accumulated miles for the trailer being displayed continue to mount even though the trailer is not hooked up.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama Stripes
Just picked up my 2018 Lariat this past week and have a question concerning the information display. I have searched thru the owners manual and cannot find the answer. When I start the engine the towing information screen for one of my trailers is displayed first. No trailer is attached. I would like to change this to the digital speedometer (this is what was displayed on my 2015 Lariat). Any ideas ? Also, the accumulated miles for the trailer being displayed continue to mount even though the trailer is not hooked up.
You need to go into the settings and make the trailer inactive. Go into the trailer settings menu - Change trailer settings.

this is from the manual.
"Note: Once you select a trailer, it remains active until you set it as no longer active. An active trailer still accumulates miles even after you physically disconnect it from your vehicle."
Old 02-11-2018, 03:21 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tbinmd
You need to go into the settings and make the trailer inactive. Go into the trailer settings menu - Change trailer settings.

this is from the manual.
"Note: Once you select a trailer, it remains active until you set it as no longer active. An active trailer still accumulates miles even after you physically disconnect it from your vehicle."
Went to change trailer settings, but unable to determine where to "deactivate" the trailer. What page in the owners manual covers this. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Manual is online at owner.ford.com. Searchable.
The following users liked this post:
Bama Stripes (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

This needs to be a sticky topic since it comes up frequently. Go into the trailer settings and select No Active Trailer.

Quick Reply: 2018 Information Display