Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Front Middle Seat Plastic Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2018 Front Middle Seat Plastic Issue

Hello all,

I just got a 2018 f150 XLT with the 6 seats Instead of 5. Their is a plastic piece that will not stop sticking out in the back. I will attach photo to show you what I mean. I already went back to the dealer and they said they would have to replace half of the seats plastic to get it (kinda) fixed. Any way to keep that skinny plastic piece in place? I was honestly thinking about cutting it off cause its annoying. Thanks

Plastic piece behind front middle seat

Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

That piece just hides the hinge/middle seat back release. It’s supposed to be tucked under the piece the tip is touching now. It’s not critical to have.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:38 AM

Well yeah that's obvious. I wanted someone to give me an answer to my question, not explain to me what it is.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:19 AM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TyKnight777
Well yeah that's obvious. I wanted someone to give me an answer to my question, not explain to me what it is.
Ok, well, I can tell you those sharp creases aren't supposed to be there. It should be a smooth curve and it just sits right in place- no clips or anything at the top, so the answer is remove it or replace it. Maybe you can form a strongish piece of metal to the curve it should present and heat up the plastic bit with a heat gun then affix it to your metal former for a few hours and hope it holds. Just try to work out those creases. There's definitely not just an answer to 'how do I make it stay' in the condition it's in though. You can't permanently affix it at the top because it needs to slide as the seatback is moved obviously
Old 07-10-2019, 06:32 AM
rodent aviator

Received 272 Likes on 145 Posts

It got jammed and bent when someone raised the seatback into the upright position. For a new truck, make the dealer replace it. If it was my truck I'd just cut it off.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:04 AM

That is what I was thinking honestly, but I do not really care about it, so i'll probably cut it off anyway. Yes it is new and I know I could just replace it by the dealer, but I have already been to the dealer 3 times for other issues and I'm tired of going. I just hope this 2018 is not a lemon :/
Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

The only think i could think of is get another plastic piece or piece of metal strip (flexible of course) and clip it to the current one somehow.
Since the plastic slides against the moving seat could there be something it got hung up on that shouldn't be there? Would it happen again?
Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2018 Front Middle Seat Plastic Issue