Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Lariat - Factory Keyless Code

Old 10-19-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Lariat - Factory Keyless Code

I have a 2017 F150 Lariat, push button start, and a 40/20/40 front seat. I have seen videos showing how to retrieve the factory keyless code by putting both key fobs in a certain location.
On one video, the person put the fob in a slot/holder in the armrest storage compartment. In another one, the slot was under a rubber cup holder liner. On a center console/shifter model, there is a "tray" shaped like the fob under a small storage location below the heat/AC controls.
None of the videos show it for my model, and I haven't been able to find anything like it.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 5,988 Likes on 3,552 Posts

The code was on a card that came with your truck in the service manual folder. If you're not the original owner, then you'd need to retrieve it, yes.

With Intelligent Access Keys You will need to have two programmed intelligent access keys for this procedure. To display the factory-set code in the information display: Place the first programmed key in the backup slot inside the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear. If there is no backup slot, place the key underneath the rubber covering at the bottom of the cup holder. Press the START/STOP button once and wait a few seconds. Press the START/STOP button again and remove the key. Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, then press the START/STOP button. The factory-set code will appear in the information display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
The code was on a card that came with your truck in the service manual folder. If you're not the original owner, then you'd need to retrieve it, yes.

With Intelligent Access Keys You will need to have two programmed intelligent access keys for this procedure. To display the factory-set code in the information display: Place the first programmed key in the backup slot inside the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear. If there is no backup slot, place the key underneath the rubber covering at the bottom of the cup holder. Press the START/STOP button once and wait a few seconds. Press the START/STOP button again and remove the key. Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, then press the START/STOP button. The factory-set code will appear in the information display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.
I really appreciate the very quick response. However, I know all of that from the research I have done already.
You are correct. I am not the original owner. There are a bunch of videos out there showing the procedure. I am just having trouble finding the slot in my vehicle. I have looked in the storage box in the "center console", which is actually the back of the folded down middle of the front bench seat. I have looked also under the rubber cup holders - no slots.
I was hoping someone with the same model as me would know. But, I guess this is a fairly rare problem. Maybe most people have their code from the card they received.

I wonder if it would work if I just push the start button with one fob in the truck, and the other one a good distance away. Then, switch them and push the start button with the other one in the truck?
Old 10-21-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

It's on back side of storage compartment under center seat. You just put fob in, having buttons facing forward then press start button. There's a you tube video showing how to use it.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:50 PM

Thanks very much for the responses and the help.
I found the slot and I have performed the procedure a few times with no luck.
I have tried waiting until the messages go away by themselves. I have also tried hitting the "OK" button to make them go away.
Any ideas for what I may be doing wrong??
Old 10-22-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 116 Likes on 67 Posts

It should be in the fuse box located in the passenger side footwell, on a sticker you will see it.

If you scroll half way thru the video... he shows you how to access the fuses, the sticker is on the back side of the fuse panel. Will need to peal back the lower plastic piece along the bottom of the door/foot jam... then pop off the piece that connects the passenger footwell to the door/floor. It pops off fairly easy. There is a sticker that will have the code on it.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 315 Likes on 199 Posts

On mine if I put the key in, turn it but didn’t start, turn it off and put 5he second key in immediately and started it up, the key code popped up in the display abov3 the steering wheel.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Although I wish I had push button start I guess this is one situation where the old key is better.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 364 Likes on 254 Posts

It works with pushbutton too. The procedure is just slightly different.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by rliles1
It works with pushbutton too. The procedure is just slightly different.
Have you done it? What procedure works for you?

Search this Thread