Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 ordered - greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Default 2016 ordered - greetings!

Hi guys,

Just factory ordered a new truck and I figured I'd introduce myself here and say hi. I've been a member here for a few years but usually posted in the 2009-2014 forum. I just traded my 2010 Super Crew 5.4L FX4 for the following:

Super Crew Lariat 5.0L FX4 Sport
Shadow Black
502a package
Box steps
Tailgate step
Folding box extender
Wheel well liners
LT275/65R 18C OWL A/T tires
3.73 gears
Line-X Premium

I like good lighting on my vehicles and I'm looking forward to the LED headlights on the new truck. I'm probably going to replace the factory fogs with Morimoto XBs as they seem to have great reviews.

My 2010 that I traded was hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was a very reliable truck and was basically trouble free. The few issues I had with it were:

- 3rd brake light leak
- intermittent speaker cutoff in front doors
- driver seat heater failed and was replaced

Other than that, it was smooth sailing during the 6 years I had it. I did pull the fuse for the rear defrost as there were numerous reports of the rear window cracking with a loud bang when the defrost was on. I decided I didn't need the feature anyway so just popped the fuse.

From what I can see, the 3rd brake light is different on the new trucks and I haven't heard of any leak issues so far. Hopefully Ford has finally fixed this issue but I won't hold my breath. I also haven't read about any issues with the rear defrost on the new trucks.

I'm trying to find out exactly what tire comes on the truck as I ordered the LT tire option in C rating. Dealer didn't know either. If anyone knows what tire it is specifically, it would be greatly appreciated.

I had my previous truck sprayed with Krown each year, but I'm not sure I will with the new one. The spray is really designed for steel, and my understanding is that the new aluminum trucks use rivets and adhesives and maybe foam inside the panels. I'm not sure how the petroleum based spray might affect these new materials. If anything, I may have Krown just do an undercarriage spray and not drill into the body panels. Any thoughts or opinions on this would also be greatly appreciated.

I struggled with the choice between the Chrome and Sport package, but ended up sticking with the Sport as I really like the look of a blacked out truck. My previous truck has pretty bad rust on the rear bumper after 6 years. But I figure that as soon as I see rust starting on the bumpers, I will just get them Line-X'd. The Line-X dealer said they do them all the time.

I'm a bit concerned also about the complaints about the wind noise from the doors and poorly aligned doors. I hope my truck will be fine and that the doors are lined up okay. After watching a documentary showing how the F150 is manufactured at the factory with computers checking everything as the truck rolls past on the line, its surprising that this stuff happens.

I'm not sure what to think about having a full alarm system in the truck. The Lariat just comes with it, but I usually never have an alarm system in my vehicles as every time you hear one, it's usually a nuisance alarm. I've read a few posts stating that the alarm can be triggered by thunder or wind. I would hate for the truck to sound alarms just sitting in the driveway. I guess I'll find out.

So, now I wait. Dealer told me it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the truck, but from what I've been reading here, it can vary quite a bit.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by seadragon; 03-09-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:24 AM

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

Congratulations on the new Lariat F150 order!!! Sounds like it is going to be a sharp truck! Please post pictures when you take delivery of it!
The following users liked this post:
seadragon (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 05:56 PM

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackie15
Congratulations on the new Lariat F150 order!!! Sounds like it is going to be a sharp truck! Please post pictures when you take delivery of it!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I'll definitely post up some pics when I get it.

Quick Reply: 2016 ordered - greetings!