Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015+ Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Question 2015+ Service Manual

Looking for a good service manual that includes wiring diagrams for a 2017 XLT . I have been searching online and have seen hard copy books (Haynes), PDF manuals and software. Any experience and recommendations? On my previous VW I had really great software that included service procedures, wiring diagrams, etc. Something I am particularly interested in are connector diagrams.

Has anyone purchased these types of manuals/software on ebay? I've seen >>this<< but with the lack of info, I have no idea what to expect. There are also much more expensive (>$300) DVDs available for purchase, such as >>>this<<<.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The E-Bay link is copyright infringement. But if you don't care... $10 is hard to beat. Depends on your morals/values. If it turns out to be bunk... it's only a fraction of what you'll spend direct from Ford or elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

I ordered mine from www.factory-manuals.com. The site feels a little shady, so I used a credit card with good frog protection.

Dude, this manual is EPIC. It's 18,000+ pages, pdf.. everything from the build sheet (VIN specific) down to the pinch welds. Providing the VIN, it took a few days for the download link to show up. IMO, worth every penny. Between that and FORScan, I think I'll have my bases covered.
Attached Thumbnails 2015+ Service Manual-capture.png  

Last edited by MarkA; 02-02-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: adding a screenshot; dash harness
The following users liked this post:
canajun (08-24-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I've bought these cheap dvds, worth the $10. But I bought the year old Ford official dvds for less than $50. Also bought the paper truck wiring dia. for less than $40. All for 2014 F150. I just go to ebay and set up search and wait for my price.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by MarkA
I ordered mine from www.factory-manuals.com. The site feels a little shady, so I used a credit card with good frog protection.

Dude, this manual is EPIC. It's 18,000+ pages, pdf.. everything from the build sheet (VIN specific) down to the pinch welds. Providing the VIN, it took a few days for the download link to show up. IMO, worth every penny. Between that and FORScan, I think I'll have my bases covered.
This looks great. Does it have each connector listed along with a pinout?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 PM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by f150-bakkie
this looks great. Does it have each connector listed along with a pinout?
everything. 👍🏻
The following users liked this post:
f150-bakkie (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 06:16 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkA

Would that be Ribbit Bank?
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Update: I purchased the eBay version out of curiosity and its surprisingly good. It seems generic across 2015-2017. It contains very detailed information regarding body, frame, drivelines etc. with color diagrams. It also contains wiring diagrams for all the electrical systems and detailed connector pin-outs (which is what I was after). PM me if interested.
The following 4 users liked this post by f150-bakkie:
IAMCANADIAN (02-05-2018), khaled_94 (03-03-2022), robforden (02-23-2023), seivad17 (06-21-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I second the www.factory-manuals.com

Yeah site seems a little shady it is out of India. But it is Legit. Basically what they do is they get a one month subscription to the ford documentation on your specific vehicle. Registered as you. So you will get notifications from Ford about your account access. They generate their own user a name and password. Then they screen scrape the whole thing and put it into a PDF.

Since it is specific to your vehicle from your VIN number it is not going to show you the wiring diagrams of the platinum if you have an XLT. I bought the deluxe version so it has book marks and everything. I was pleasantly surprised. It shows you all the complete procedures for everything on your specific truck. Again since it is specific to your vehicle you will see only your models and year. So like some things changed between the 15 and 16 years. You would not see those changes you only see the 2015 info. So in a way this is better because it is tailors specifically to your vehicle.

Same as before I used a credit card I use for shadier or lower quality websites. With low credit limit and better protection. No I am not out at weird sites but like I do wood carving. The wood carving sites are mom and pop shops which are primed to be hacked and so on, not like a home Depot with millions spent in online security. So just in case, I use that card there.

Quick Reply: 2015+ Service Manual